Wisconsin Osh Kosh Titans

rtrich11

More importantly...who the fluff here knew there was a Wisconsin Osh Kosh??

Pretty much anyone that's lived in the upper Midwest, I would think...

Looks like a dude with a helmet on to me...too many straight lines, but I can definitely dig it.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looksl ike several features, The Human element, (facial features, and as far as the helmet goes it seems to have a mix of god and titan-like elements, and the bolt of Zeus.

A little convoluted, but all in all a sharp logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

First off - and I am a graduate of that fine institution - it's Oshkosh. One word.

uwologo.gif

The previous logo was basicallyjust a wordmark with no art:

oshkosh.jpg

This was the 1960s-70s logo (originally WSU-O for Wisconsin State University-Oshkosh; it became part of the University of Wisconsin System in 1971) (pardon the hand-drawn quality)

47688733_8f8ffe86c6_m.jpg

I can't find a copy but at the time, sports teams used a line drawing of a Titan guy with a banner saying "Titans" below it.

BTW, Oshkosh has won D-3 championships in baseball (among the alums is longtime Brewers 2B Jim Gantner), women's basketball and men's gymnastics.

Any other questions? Hail Titans!

(exit undergrad cheerleader mode)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

First off - and I am a graduate of that fine institution - it's Oshkosh. One word.

uwologo.gif

The previous logo was basicallyjust a wordmark with no art:

oshkosh.jpg

This was the 1960s-70s logo (originally WSU-O for Wisconsin State University-Oshkosh; it became part of the University of Wisconsin System in 1971) (pardon the hand-drawn quality)

47688733_8f8ffe86c6_m.jpg

I can't find a copy but at the time, sports teams used a line drawing of a Titan guy with a banner saying "Titans" below it.

BTW, Oshkosh has won D-3 championships in baseball (among the alums is longtime Brewers 2B Jim Gantner), women's basketball and men's gymnastics.

Any other questions? Hail Titans!

(exit undergrad cheerleader mode)

Don't you mean UW-Sloshkosh? :P

For those of you unaware of the reference, Oshkosh has a reputation around the rest of the state as a party school...

QPR%20Sig.png

Looksl ike several features, The Human element, (facial features, and as far as the helmet goes it seems to have a mix of god and titan-like elements, and the bolt of Zeus.

Can any of you diagram what-is-what on this thing?

I see the face, but there's a piece of brown in front of it. What is that all about?

You know, I think that if you have to study a logo to discern it, it might not be a good one. I realize that some idiots couldn't see that, for example, the NE Patriots logo is a head, but let's not count them. This is a dynamic shape, but as far as clarity, it gets poor grades.

Oshkosh has a reputation around the rest of the state as a party school...

And, frankly, if you've got a reputation in Wisconsin for being a bunch of drunks, that's some serious drinking!

^_^

(Note: I'll be in Wisconsin, specifically Milwaukee, this weekend. But alcohol is not allowed in my system until Sunday evening. Have to keep my wits about me for playing footy.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

UW-Madision topped the Princeton Review's list of party schools. That hits close to home here. Someone brings a "Beat Wisconsin" sign to every Bobcat home football game, proclaiming OU to be the number one party school. My favorite sign was the ESPN2 acronym at the Pitt game: Every Student Parties Naked 2Night. Technically, OU is no longer a party school; we've gone pro. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As far as that logo is concerned it looks to me like a man, presumely some sort of diety, with a lion's head (mane) situated on his head like a helmet/hat. Heracles was pictured in Greek mythology with a lion's man as his headdress. That might be what the logo was going for, even though Heracles had no real connection to the Titans. However he became a god, was the son of Zeus, and I supposed thats enough connection?

Now as far as party schools go... I'm going to have to put my vote in for Athens, GA. I've been to Athens, OH, its alright, but has nothing on Athens, GA. As far as Madison goes, I think its the only other college town that could rival Athens. There's something like 100+ bars in Athens.

I always thought it was cool that there are enough football playing schools in the Wisconsin system that they have their own D-III football conference....The WIAC

banner.gif

WISCONSIN-EAU CLAIRE WISCONSIN-LA CROSSE WISCONSIN-OSHKOSH

WISCONSIN-PLATTEVILLE WISCONSIN-RIVER FALLS WISCONSIN-STEVENS POINT

WISCONSIN-STOUT WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER

wow

Archived