It has come down to this!

yankeeman161

So, Bostonians, New Yorkers and fans of great pennant races, It has come down to this! After 159 hard fought baseball games, obsticles to get to first place and all of the off the field hype, It has come down to the final 3 game series this weekend between the Yankees and the Red Sox to settle the 2005 American League East Division Title.

To Boston I will say this on behalf of ALL Yankee fans, whether, they feel like this or not,: U better bring Ortiz, Manny, that hippie Damon, Ur "Capitan" Varitek, Nixon, Wakefield, whoever u got because it WILL NOT matter because the results will be the same as they have been for the last 8 years, Yankees 1st, Red Sox 2nd and we WILL bring our best to Fenway to do what we do best if i can steal a line: Lay the Smackdown on ALL of the Red Sox Candy A**es!

Don't forget Sox, u have to keep your eye on the Indians as well and hope that the other Sox win as well. At the end of these 3 games u will hear the words u hate so much: "Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!"

IF U SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WHAT THE YANKEES, ARE COOKIN!! :therock:

After this, I think my own personal "lesser of two evils" just switched back to the Red Sox. thanks for getting my head back on straight.

Yes, I felt the same thing, but then I realized no doubt I'll end up reading something just as bad from a Red Sox fan.

After that thought, I realized their is really no lesser evil.

I'm hoping that the three-way tie happens. Yanks, Sox, and Indians at 95-67. Then, the Yanks and Sox have a playoff game for the division, and then the loser plays the Indians for the WC.

So, Bostonians, New Yorkers and fans of great pennant races, It has come down to this! After 159 hard fought baseball games, obsticles to get to first place and all of the off the field hype, It has come down to the final 3 game series this weekend between the Yankees and the Red Sox to settle the 2005 American League East Division Title.

To Boston I will say this on behalf of ALL Yankee fans, whether, they feel like this or not,: U better bring Ortiz, Manny, that hippie Damon, Ur "Capitan" Varitek, Nixon, Wakefield, whoever u got because it WILL NOT matter because the results will be the same as they have been for the last 8 years, Yankees 1st, Red Sox 2nd and we WILL bring our best to Fenway to do what we do best if i can steal a line: Lay the Smackdown on ALL of the Red Sox Candy A**es!

Don't forget Sox, u have to keep your eye on the Indians as well and hope that the other Sox win as well. At the end of these 3 games u will hear the words u hate so much: "Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!"

IF U SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL, WHAT THE YANKEES, ARE COOKIN!! :therock:

After this, I think my own personal "lesser of two evils" just switched back to the Red Sox. thanks for getting my head back on straight.

Yes, I felt the same thing, but then I realized no doubt I'll end up reading something just as bad from a Red Sox fan.

After that thought, I realized their is really no lesser evil.

I'm hoping that the three-way tie happens. Yanks, Sox, and Indians at 95-67. Then, the Yanks and Sox have a playoff game for the division, and then the loser plays the Indians for the WC.

I know the Angels and White Sox would love that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yankeeman161, all you had to do was put The People's Eyebrow in your signature for this post and it would've been perfect.

There is nothing I love more than hearing about the "classy" New York Yankees.

You've got Sheffield and his scar cream "that Barry Bonds gave me" and his Uncle Dwight who is still working in the organization. Recently a fugitive from justice, but probably somwhere where there is lots and lots of coke.

Then you've got Jason "The Inflatable Hulk" Giambi overcoming a pituitary gland tumor (you know, the gland that controls HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE), played like crap most of the year, and then all of a sudden became superman. Take a look at those veins in his forearms. I'd say someone's been in the flaxseed oil, and if his arms get any larger he's going to have to wear oversized t-shirts to cover up like Bret Boone used to do.

Alex Rodriguez is championship repellant. You will never see the New York Yankees win a World Series with him on the team. He's an individual performer, just like Bonds. They'll both be enshrined in Cooperstown with only their wedding rings on their hands.

I have great respect for Jeter, Matsui, and Posada though. The reason why you haven't won a championship in 5 years is because Big Stein got rid of a team full of guys like these. Instead you've got $208 Million wrapped up in hired guns. It's kind of like the Sox of the '70's. 25 guys, 25 cabs. Only with the money they're getting paid now, it's more like 25 limos.

Brian Cashman is going to be a great GM for the Washington Nationals next year. :P

mainescarf.png

Woo Boston won tonite..now 2 more games for Boston to win and kick the Yankees to the Moon so they can watch te playoffs...hahaha...

It's not so easy as you said.

Tomorrow Randy Johnson will pitch por the Yanks. This guy always owed the Red Sox. So the Yankees will win that one.

Sunday, Schilling will pitch for the Red Sox. This guy now is human and didn't win too many (big) games. So... you got the idea.

I don't think that the Red Sox will win the division. They must be consider themselves as luckies if they get the wild card.

If you are asking about which is my fav club, it's just the Red Sox.

But we got Wake going... and we know that the Yankees can't hit Wakefield. And Moose is on the mound for the Yankees on Sunday... Moose hasn't faired too well in his last few starts. Besides, I'm not entirely sure he's pitched well in big games in the past -- not entirely sure, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

But we got Wake going... and we know that the Yankees can't hit Wakefield.

Somehow I think A-Rod disproved that theory...

Where did that ball end up anyways? Framingham?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

haha

It would suck if the Red Sox and the Yankees played in the ALDS instead of the ALCS. In order for that to be possible the angels would have to wind and Boston lose tomorrow. Go Anaheim.

haha

It would suck if the Red Sox and the Yankees played in the ALDS instead of the ALCS. In order for that to be possible the angels would have to wind and Boston lose tomorrow. Go Anaheim.

Won't happen...

Teams in the same division can't play in the ALDS...

Yanks are playing either Anaheim (if the Sox get the WC) or Chicago (if the Tribe force the playoff and send the Beantowners home Monday)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

haha

Won't happen...

Teams in the same division can't play in the ALDS...

Yanks are playing either Anaheim (if the Sox get the WC) or Chicago (if the Tribe force the playoff and send the Beantowners home Monday)

Half right. You were right on the Yankees and Red Sox can't play each other in the ALDS, if they could they would have played each other in the ALDS the last 2 years instead of the ALCS.

However, the Yankees will play Los Angeles or Cleveland (if they get in). They can't play the White Sox. The White Sox would play the wild card unless it's Cleveland, if Cleveland wins the wild card that means the Yankees would have to win on sunday which would clinch them the second best record in the AL. The matchups look like this.

If Boston is the Wild Card and the Yankees win on Sunday.

Boston @ Chicago

LA @ New York

If Yankees lose Sunday and the Angels win sunday.

Boston @ Chicago

New York @ LA

If Cleveland wins the wild card

LA @ Chicago

Cleveland @ New York.

Archived