RE: "AHL Team in Limbo" piece

Burning River

I dont like it. I know cincinnatis Union Terminol used to be a major train station way back when, but the Gardens is nowhere near its tracks.

There aren't many lakes in Los Angeles, nor jazz musicians in Salt Lake, or even Tigers in Missouri, but those all work.

Teams are looking at "heritage" names, or things/animals associated with their city instead of quirky nicknames in order to rally the community:

Tulsa and Inland Empire/San Bernandino 66ers

Nashville Predators

New Orleans VooDoo

Cards.png

Wait, so is it RailRIDERS or RailRAIDERS? Because the latter is kind of dumb.

My bad. I guess it's RailRAIDERS...

TESS is the Trademark Electronic Search System from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm). You can search various trademark statuses on there. I've got a couple of 'em myself on there...

I thought it was "Railriders" at first, and I thought to myself "Hey, that sounds pretty cool."

But now that I see it's Railraiders, man, that's just country dumb.

If this ownership group knows what they're doing, they'll play off that "a" as a typo and start over.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Cincinnati Railraiders?

Really? Railraiders?

:puke:

That's one of the worst team nicknames that I've ever heard.

Ive heard worss

Remember the Ice Patrol? Yeah and thats why they never got off the ground

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived