Rbk the offical sponsor of the red/blue lines

SteveToms

This is the wave of the future for the NEW NHL more adds on the boards, on the ice, and yes on the uniforms. That sucks the most, I really don't want to see the Leafs or Habs with adds all over them. That goes for all teams too but, you can thank one Mr. Bettmen for this and I'm sure many more wonderful ideas. We will probably see the return of the FOX PUCK :cursing:

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

sean69, if NHL teams were going to put ads on jerseys, besides the manufacturer's logo, they would have done it a long long time ago for extra revenue. Don't get your panties in a bunch quite yet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cool it...this is no different than all the rest of the ads that have been on the boards and ice for years.

It's in a new spot, but really, it's not like it's in a groundbreaking spot.

If the ads spread to the jerseys, then I'll be scared, but so far, the NHL has avoided that.

Of all the things to get mad at Bettman at, your gonna get ticked off for another small ad on the boards?

WSU151, they have already started in the AHL with adds on unis. The NHL will do the same in the future, so don't be surprised when it does happen. I hope it never come to that, but.... and I wear a thong so they don't bunch... bitch :D

I'm pissed the Bettmen still has a job, he should have been the first one to go...

I'm pissed the Bettmen still has a job, he should have been the first one to go...

Yeah, he should have been fired for playing hardball with union in order to save the game by only agreeing to an idiot-proof CBA. :rolleyes:

so it's the player fault that the owners payed them so much :rolleyes: yes your right :wacko:

Bettman did a HELL of a good job getting the CBA he got. The guys that have the power to fire him are the owners. You honestly think they are gonna fire him for the job he did for them? This lockout will be the best thing to ever happen to the NHL, just watch the games being played, way more entertaining. Except for the Shootout, that's just a dumb idea. But Bettman has done one hell of a job.

TOT-VANDERWaltersH.pngFPL-sig.pngTOT-VANDERWaltersA.png

so it's the player fault that the owners payed them so much :rolleyes: yes your right :wacko:

I never said it was the players' fault the owners paid them so much money. It was clearly the owners' fault. However, the writing was on the wall and Bettman knew the NHL needed an idiot proof CBA in order to save the owners from themselves and the NHLPA weren't willing to accept the "correction" until they folded like a house of cards.

BTW, way to put words in my mouth. Good job, Sparky.

The lock out was not the best thing to happen to the NHL! Shutting down a league for a year ...come on you can't be serious? I'll agree with you on the shoot out, but it was the players that came up with all the rule changes not the owners. In Bettmen's reign there has been three stoppages in play; 1 strike, 2 lockouts, two team that left the country that love the game most, over expantion, gimmicks like the fox puck, two ref system, a great TV contract?...and on and on. Your right Bettmen has done a hell of a job.

What most fans do is look at the money the players make and say "They are getting paid too much". No one complains about movie stars, and singers that get paid millions. 100$ for concert tickets, movies for family 80$. Sports are entertainment and a business. In a business there are owners, workers, and the product. Hockey is the product we all love and the players are the workers. But when the player is also the product they should be paid more (talking

percentages). Entertainment industries make millions ever year the people in them make alot of money because they have the talent and for the rest we can like it or not.

Leave it to a Calgary fair-weather fan with the insults. Are you on the bandwagon this week or your ankles too hurt from jumping on and off. No need for the sparky comments. BTW I'm a Flames fan that sticks with my team winning or losing! How aboot you ?

Archived