Chicago Fire Kits

pcgd

i wish the mls would stop putting the team name on the front of their kits. its bush league. soccer fans are soccer fans and they know that sponsors, whether you like it or not, go on the front of the shirts. no sponsor, blank front. look at the national teams. they dont resort to plastering the name on the front. going with european names a la fc dallas, real salt lake, should usher in euro-kits.

HELL NO! Ad's on jerseys are tacky as hell. And no to anymore "Euroising" MLS. We're the United States not freaking Europe.

i wish the mls would stop putting the team name on the front of their kits. its bush league. soccer fans are soccer fans and they know that sponsors, whether you like it or not, go on the front of the shirts. no sponsor, blank front. look at the national teams. they dont resort to plastering the name on the front. going with european names a la fc dallas, real salt lake, should usher in euro-kits.

HELL NO! Ad's on jerseys are tacky as hell. And no to anymore "Euroising" MLS. We're the United States not freaking Europe.

hate to break it to ya, but europe knows what they are doing when it comes to soccer. ads on soccer unis just seem...right.

I can take them or leave them. I think what the MLS has done thus far has been tremendous. How many people thought they'd have a 10th anniversary with 4 or 5 teams having soccer only stadiums 10 years ago? I like the fact they look to Europe for inspiration, but put an american spin on it. Its the only way it'll ever be accepted. If you just try to import the EPL and call it the American Premier League, its not going to work with the fans.

I think they need 1 or 2 international stars (not even good players) to really get it over the hump. David Beckham has said he'd like to play in America. It'd for sure be great for American Professional Soccer no matter if you love him or hate him.

Anyway, off topic.

hate to break it to ya, but europe knows what they are doing when it comes to soccer. ads on soccer unis just seem...right.

Why try to pose as Europeans? We're American. We already have enough ad's and billboards thrown at us already.

Why try to pose as Europeans? We're American. We already have enough ad's and billboards thrown at us already.

why bother having a pro soccer leauge if you arn't going to do it right? europe has had huge sucess with the sport, it isn't a bad idea to look to them for insperation.

besides, i' sure europeans have to deal with the same amount (maybe more) of advertising as americans do, and they don't mind ads on their soccer jerseys.

i'm defently not in favor of ads on all sports jerseys. i just think that europe has proven that ads on soccer jerseys work, and that americans (and canadiens for that matter) should follow suite. when it comes to soccer they know what their doing. the opposite can be said for hockey. canada and the us know pro hockey, and the european teams need to take a page out of our book. that means ditching the adds on the hockey jerseys.

it's not that they don't know what they are doing in Europe as far as hockey...it's that they tend to go overboard and put ads on every part of the uniform.

far as here, it's likewise not that MLS doesn't know what it's doing....as the old saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat ;) and MLS is doing just that

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The MetroStars' 2006 jerseys can be seen here:

http://www.metrofanatic.com/mf/story.jsp?ID=2954

They will apparently wear white shorts and black socks at home. For the past

7 years or so they have worn black shorts and either black or red socks

at home.

On the road, they will wear red shorts and white socks with the white shirts.

For the past three years they have worn all white on the road.

In 2007 they will supposedly have new kits to go along with the opening of

their new soccer-specific stadium in Harrison, NJ. Thus, this 2006 kit appears

to be one year only.

This new Adidas template really angries up the blood. And putting the Metros in white shorts with their red/black striped tops? Did anyone else just have visions of the '74 Capitals?

CapsWhitePants.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

white shorts with red jerseys? These guys have their heads in the dirt. Who came up with this one? If anything I'm surprised adidas didn't make them look like AC Milan. Or maybe that's the reason for the change. Rather stupid in my opinion. And only two designs next year? And they don't look that much different? I'd rather they go back to 4-5 sponsors again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

AC Milan wears white shorts with the red/black stripes, usually. Actually white shorts with colored shirts are quite common. Never want Chicago to go away from the all-red first shirt, though.

I'd prefer PUMA do the Fire shirts too, but adidas paid 150 mil for the privilege so I guess complaing isn't gonna do any good.

Archived