National Rugby League (Australia) Redesign Project

Gazzzaf

Some very nice work there.

A bit of a problem with the gradients (gradients are bad, mmmkay?) but generally very nice.

Where's Melbourne?

Thats how things are done in the NRL. There will be more soon too, hopefully includiong the storm.

sig.png

:welcome: I feel gradient can be done tastefully, as you've done here-the gradients in those concepts that have em add to the overall look. Well done, homes.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thats how things are done in the NRL. There will be more soon too, hopefully includiong the storm.

There is only one decent gradient jumper in the NRL, and that's Newcastle. The others (Penrith alt, both Wests jumpers, most of the proposed Titans designs...) are bleh.

As for your designs here...

Brisbane - I like the general simplicity though.

NQ - silhouette of the head would be totally lost on a viewer once that was actually being worn.

Parra - not a nice gradient. And the striping patterns seem a bit random...any way to tie these in to each other a little better?

Penrith - shoulder pattern works quite well. Big logo head needs to go, and maybe the hex pattern can go too (just leave a subtle gradient in its place).

Cronulla - blue jumper works, although I would look at dumping the hex pattern maybe for some kind of wave or fin motif? White version looks more like a supporter's t-shirt, I far prefer the other design.

Gold Coast - not bad. Curves and sword/armour straight lines clash a little though.

Generally speaking, Gradients can be double edge swords, but in this case I find they are used very tastefully.

Lets also bear in mind that fabrics do bring textures and higlights in certan sports that are not universal and don't translate into every sports.

Same thing with some colour combinaions displayed here, Soccer and Rugby jerseys allow for those colurs textures and gradients.

GREAT JOB Gazzzaf!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

:welcome: another Aussie on the boards..... we are nearly outnumbering the Canadians here!

like your designs, i like thE Melbourne Storm one on ya site, the home one

THe Titans....the one we got to vote in on there site sucked balls....they were all very similar and sucked....gradients o it doens't matter, it can be effective if used right....i tihnk most of ya designs are cool.........Wests Tigers, are god damn awful with all those stripey thigns every where

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived