Detroit Lions Redux

tajmccall

Now, many of you may like the Lions logo. To me, it has always looked a lot like an Rorschach Ink-Blot Test gone horribly wrong. Especially now that it has like 3 outlines on it.

A lion's head just has SO many possiblities for improvement. Ive had this done for a while, and I like it, but the shading seems like it needs help.

I bring this to you, oh mighty forum. Comments, Critique, Judgements of my Character are all welcome.

Just some things, the stripes are supposed to be placed just below the shelf of the shoulder pads, so they are not shoulder loops, a-la the vikes or colts. Nor are they sleeve stripes like the current look. Think somewhere in between.

And the Silver alternate is totally unnecessary, but whatever, its kind of fun. Kind of ugly too.

Enjoy.

DetroitNEW1n.jpg

I like the new logo.....but he's facing the wrong way on the helmet.

I have NO clue what color the helmet should be though. Cause honestly, what you've done looks very "blah" except for the logo, which again, I like a LOT better than the current one.

SigReflect.png

I really like the Lion logo. Very nice update. Much, much needed update. I agree that the Lion needs to face the front though. I think the addition of some stripes on the helmet would help. I like the slight adjustments you made to the wordmark, too.

I personally like their new unis, with the added black. But adjusting it to the darker blue you used in the logo, that would be better. At least the Lions didn't go overboard with the addition of black. (Then again they added that stupid looking third jersey.) As for yours, I do like the stripes higher up on the arm by the shoulder. My personal opinion though is to add that second, darker shade of blue. It really looks great on the logo, yet you ignored it on the unis.

Overall though, I think it all looks good.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

I like the new logo.....but he's facing the wrong way on the helmet.

I have NO clue what color the helmet should be though. Cause honestly, what you've done looks very "blah" except for the logo, which again, I like a LOT better than the current one.

Yes, but simple can be mistaken for blah. Putting the stripes on the helmet looked bad.

Yes, I suppose the Logo could be reversed. I may switch that and repost.

Thanks for the comments thus far, gentlemen. :)

Oh, and the jerseys are sans the navy because i wanted to borrow from the thanksgiving unis. I think the Blue should be used sparringly. I tried a Navy Alt, but it looked rather silly, much like their Black one does. (yes, more silly than the silver one :P )

As a Lions fan, I guess it'd be fitting for me to give some input. Although I think the Lions should never change their logo, I like what you've done with it. It is a nice update though. I agree with the logo facing the other way on the helmet...that's just how helmet logos usually go. I'm not a fan of the grey jerseys...I just don't think the Lions are a team who should have an alternate colored jersey. More white could be added to the jerseys and pants. For example, on the grey jersey, outline the numbers in white, and put white in between the blue stripes. Basically put white in between the stripes on both dark jerseys and both sets of pants. I think that'd make a slight improvement IMO. Overall nice work, but I still don't think the Lions need a change. Well, other than getting rid of the black jerseys.

How about tweaking the silver (which many teams have) to a metalic champaign and adding a plum purple trim to the numbers and stripes. it will look kinda like a reverse Michigan Panthers of the USFL.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Great concept. Just a few things I noticed, take them for what you will.

1. The socks must be white from the middle of the calf down, by NFL rules.

2. Not sure about silver socks... they'll look like dirty white socks more than silver socks.

3. The sleeve stripe placement is unique and wonderful, but your concept makes the assumption that there'll be sleeves on the jersey. As the sleeves disappear more and more, all that'll be left is half of your stripes, and no TV numbers. You'd probably have to change to something more conventional (i.e. "Colts" stripes, TV numbers up on the shoulder pad "shelf") for you to get everything you've put into this onto the jersey.

4. Not liking the silver numbers on the dark or white jersey. Either one of the blues you used would look great for numbers outlined in silver on the white jersey. And white numbers on the blue jersey - again, with either silver or navy outline - would be much cleaner looking.

5. The navy is a kajillion times better than the black trim, but aside from the helmet logo it's not used. Number outline? Sleeve trim? Unlike the Bills' mistake of using the royal and navy blue, Honolulu blue is far enough colorwise from navy that the two can be used in the same concept.

GREAT logo update; as much as I like the Leapin' Lion, this is awesome. Great unique design as well. Just a couple tweaks and you'll be all set.

Well done! B)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived