New York Islanders

kroma

I'm not too keen about putting numbers on their balls, though.

Ditto... although that's not how I was going to put it. But your way was a helluva lot funnier! :D

PROS: new logo; new wordmark.

CONS: no orange (they won 4 Cups in orange and blue!); number over crotch; 2-tone stripe through last name.

SUGGESTIONS: change arm stripes to reflect the 4 Cups (like the present shoulder patches); orange as at least a trim color; ditch the V pointing toward the nutsack (doesn't make any sense for the team).

This has potential. But it needs a little help.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What exactly is that blob on the third jersey. I like the first two, the empty space were the diagonal stripes needs somthing. I remember you had the numbers there before. Perhaps a little NYI or just have them meet. I for one always thought the Isles logo was lame. Any change is an improvement.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I don't like how the stripes just stop on the jerseys. The 3rd logo isn't really reading as "NY", but rather a blob.

I'm with Gordon Shumway here, kroma. Close up the waistline striping, and ditch the third jersey logo (I know it's supposed to be "NY", but it doesn't come across like that very well). Also, you may want to thin out the stripes around the shoulder yoke - it looks a little amateurish with concentric bands of thick stripes emanating from the collar of the jersey and radiating outward unless you go barberpole, which I would not advise for the Islanders. Also, if you thin out the shoulder striping, you can make a full-height player name without having to worry about fitting it within a stripe (which makes it less legible anyway).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

as an Islanders partial season ticket holder..I think i can speak for myself and my buddies in section 328 when i say..NO WAY. we fought to bring the stick and puck logo back..I love a good concept, but no way will the Islanders ever change unis again..btw though: i cant knock it cause you tried to make it..good attempt.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Archived