John Tortorella Rant

Redlands, CA

I heard it this morning on the way into work...I nearly put my car into a telephone pole b/c I was laughing so darn hard :lol:

Torts didn't spare much in his assessment of Eric "Don't You DARE Call Me Michael" Boulton :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Greatest.

Rant.

Ever.

:notworthy:

Seriously, how can you not love this guy!

There was only one greater rant than this gem by Torts...

The night the Blackhawks radio guy just WENT OFF about Alexander Karpotsev.

What made me lose it was when he compared Potsy to Dean Martin minus the singing :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Greatest.

Rant.

Ever.

What made me lose it was when he compared Potsy to Dean Martin minus the singing :lol:

I'm not familiar with this -- any ranting towards Karpovtsev would be nice to hear. Care to share?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Greatest.

Rant.

Ever.

I'm not familiar with this -- any ranting towards Karpovtsev would be nice to hear. Care to share?

Dunno if the radio station has the link up anymore, but here's the text of Hawks announcer Pat Foley just tearing Alex Karpovtsev a new one (this was after the Hawks dumped him on the Islanders before the deadline in '04)...

" This is a very happy day Troy (the Hawks Color guy). This is a very happy day for this Blackhawk fan because I am never again going to have to see Alexander Karpovtsev in a Blackhawk uniform.

You know, Karpovtsev is actually a pretty good defenseman, I am going to qualify my comments by saying that he is a good defenseman (Video footage starts to play on Fox Sports Net Chicago) When he plays, and that is the rub. Because Alexander Karpovtsev looks for any excuse not to play and in his time in Chicago he is the worst excuse for a teammate that I have seen in my two decades of doing this job.

A couple of examples: ten minutes before a warmup two weeks ago (Foley talking as Karpotvsev): My shoulder hurts..and forcing a young defenseman who didn't anticipate playing had to scurry into his uniform and dress in the game.

He was ready to come back from an ankle injury earlier this season getting set to rejoin the lineup, had a collision in practice. (Foley talking as Karpotvsev): I have a concussion.

Well Doctor Karpotvsev, always had an excuse, always milked the system. He came to the Blackhawks in a trade for Bryan McCabe, who has gone on to be an All Star in Toronto. Even before that, Bryan McCabe was a guy who cared and who tried. The Toronto Players, when that trade was made, we couldn't believe that they got Bryan McCabe for Dean Martin.

Let me tell you something, Alexander Karpovtsev doesn't sing and when you are trying to bring along a young team, this is not the kind of veteran you want around young people in any way, shape or form.

That deal was one of the worst deals in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks and when Mike Smith writes him memoirs about his time in Chicago, I have the title for that chapter. Disaster!

So kudos to Bob Pulford and Dale Tallon for being able to get anything more than a role of tape for this overpaid, underachiever.

Alexander Karpovtsev is now the New York Islanders problem and that will be his last National Hockey league stop.

He basically in my opinion was a disgrace to the uniform when he was in Chicago.

As he leaves Chicago, I have one feeling for Alexander Karpovtsev: Good Riddance!"

FANTASY TEAMS

Greatest.

Rant.

Ever.

Dunno if the radio station has the link up anymore, but here's the text of Hawks announcer Pat Foley just tearing Alex Karpovtsev a new one (this was after the Hawks dumped him on the Islanders before the deadline in '04)...

" This is a very happy day Troy (the Hawks Color guy). This is a very happy day for this Blackhawk fan because I am never again going to have to see Alexander Karpovtsev in a Blackhawk uniform.

You know, Karpovtsev is actually a pretty good defenseman, I am going to qualify my comments by saying that he is a good defenseman (Video footage starts to play on Fox Sports Net Chicago) When he plays, and that is the rub. Because Alexander Karpovtsev looks for any excuse not to play and in his time in Chicago he is the worst excuse for a teammate that I have seen in my two decades of doing this job.

A couple of examples: ten minutes before a warmup two weeks ago (Foley talking as Karpotvsev): My shoulder hurts..and forcing a young defenseman who didn't anticipate playing had to scurry into his uniform and dress in the game.

He was ready to come back from an ankle injury earlier this season getting set to rejoin the lineup, had a collision in practice. (Foley talking as Karpotvsev): I have a concussion.

Well Doctor Karpotvsev, always had an excuse, always milked the system. He came to the Blackhawks in a trade for Bryan McCabe, who has gone on to be an All Star in Toronto. Even before that, Bryan McCabe was a guy who cared and who tried. The Toronto Players, when that trade was made, we couldn't believe that they got Bryan McCabe for Dean Martin.

Let me tell you something, Alexander Karpovtsev doesn't sing and when you are trying to bring along a young team, this is not the kind of veteran you want around young people in any way, shape or form.

That deal was one of the worst deals in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks and when Mike Smith writes him memoirs about his time in Chicago, I have the title for that chapter. Disaster!

So kudos to Bob Pulford and Dale Tallon for being able to get anything more than a role of tape for this overpaid, underachiever.

Alexander Karpovtsev is now the New York Islanders problem and that will be his last National Hockey league stop.

He basically in my opinion was a disgrace to the uniform when he was in Chicago.

As he leaves Chicago, I have one feeling for Alexander Karpovtsev: Good Riddance!"

Then he went on to play a grand total of three games with the Islanders

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived