Michigan Football

Delux247

Because their home unis are untouchable.  And thank god, too -- I'm sure Nike wouldn't be above ruining them.

But didn't they already do that when they imprinted an "M" on their shoulders a decade ago or so?? :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

Because their home unis are untouchable.  And thank god, too -- I'm sure Nike wouldn't be above ruining them.

But didn't they already do that when they imprinted an "M" on their shoulders a decade ago or so?? :therock:

They did that for the 98 Rose Bowl when they won the National Championship only time they've ever did that

They did that for the 98 Rose Bowl when they won the National Championship only time they've ever did that

Yeah, and they havn't been back since . . . to the National Championship game that is.

Tradition sucks.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, and they havn't been back since . . . to the National Championship game that is.

Tradition sucks.

well oh well, who cares what you think. GO BLUE. Tradition rules in this case. I have always liked their Home Uni's. Plus hey at least they have won the National Championship in the last 10 years.

Tradition sucks.

So does your mom.

Oh, come on JQK. That's really all you can come up with??

Yea.. long night.

I just can't understand your hatred for tradition. Especially in College sports, it's the fabric of the game. The Traditions are really the only think college football has.

I just can't stand any fu*king punk who schits on tradition becuase they don't understand it.

Get educated, read something, then talk to me about tradition.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Tradition sucks.

So does your mom.

Yea.. long night.

I just can't understand your hatred for tradition. Especially in College sports, it's the fabric of the game. The Traditions are really the only think college football has.

I just can't stand any fu*king punk who schits on tradition becuase they don't understand it.

I honestly don't hate all traditions. I just hate it when a team is so stuck in the past that it ends up coming off as pathetic. I understand the history of "traditional" teams like Notre Dame and Michigan, and I can respect what the they choose to do as far as uniforms, endzones, and whatever else, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Sometimes change is good. Really, being stuck in the 1940s isn't always that great.

6uXNWAo.png

Tradition sucks.

So does your mom.

Yea.. long night.

I honestly don't hate all traditions. I just hate it when a team is so stuck in the past that it ends up coming off as pathetic. I understand the history of "traditional" teams like Notre Dame and Michigan, and I can respect what the they choose to do as far as uniforms, endzones, and whatever else, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Sometimes change is good. Really, being stuck in the 1940s isn't always that great.

And most of the time trying to be "Current and cutting edge" gives you wacky sleeves and football jerseys with no sleeves and baseball uniforms with rainbows on them and just... ugh.....

I'd rather have a traditional and classic look than a "cutting edge" look any day of the week.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

When a look is good and it's traditional, then you let the tradition stand. For Michigan, that's the case.

Though nothing is immediatley jumping to my head, there's times when a traditional look is also very ugly, and it should be changed.

To be honest, it's mostly not that a traditional look is ugly, it's that there's a minor tweak that would make it that much better, but doesn't happen because of tradition.

Such things as Penn State needing to add a thin navy stripe to their pants and the Colts needing to add another blue stripe to their helmet.

Also, along the same lines, grey facemasks should not be used unless grey is brought in as a piece of the color scheme. Grey with no other grey is ugly and a weak show of tradition.

All that sad, there's great traditional looks too that shouldn't be touched (too many to list).

Like just about everything else, there needs to be a balance--between tradition and good looks.

Also, along the same lines, grey facemasks should not be used unless grey is brought in as a piece of the color scheme. Grey with no other grey is ugly and a weak show of tradition.

NY Giants = good use of gray

Indianapolis Colts = bad use of gray, unless gray put back into scheme

Arizona Cardinals = dumb use of gray

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

NY Giants = good use of gray

Indianapolis Colts = bad use of gray, unless gray put back into scheme

Arizona Cardinals = dumb use of gray

Exactly.

Although, every time I compliment the Giants for their use of grey, I now have to rip them for adding an unnecessary second pair of grey pants and for making their road jersey a complete piece of crap.

And, for Arizona, before their uniform change, the grey was okay, because it was like they don't have hardly anything else right with their look, why should they fix their facemask, but now that they have nice uniforms (even if you don't like the style, at least it's clean and consistant), their is no excuse for that grey mask.

They didn't put maize piping on the home jersey because it would have looked bad. You don't mess with something that works so good. This uniform is widely regarded as one of the best in all sports. The new style (sewn on numbers, wraparound fabric) really punches out the color and makes it look that much better. See Super Mario, below. As for piping, there was an error made by Nike, and they actually did make some home unis with maize piping in the replica jerseys, and you can see a couple at the Big House on Saturdays. They look....weird, and bad. On the road jerseys, the piping is very subtle. Saturday I was talking with Prescott Burgess before warmups, and am convinced the road uniform looks great, too. The one thing I'd like to see tried would be wearing the high blue socks we wear at home, worn on the road. Curious as to how that would look. I love the high socks.

manningham2.jpg

20.jpg

HIGH SOCKS:

25.jpg

spikes.jpg

Archived