Worst logos ever

vicfurth

i understand that it's taurus the constellation...

but why? why not gemeni? bulls don't have anything to do with dallas.

in fact, the symbol of the city of dallas (including a giant one in the skyline), is the pegasus... that's why the old MLS dallas burn used a horse logo that was shaped like the mobil pegasus... and why the mavs have at different points used a pegasus in presentation.

there IS a pegasus constellation.

either way, the logo's going bye-bye soon enough.

and i just didn't understand why the constellation lines would be "uterus" lines. take those out, and it's still shaped like a uterus...

tom hicks said the reason it's shaped like a uterus, is because he didn't want to piss off A&M fans, by making the logo look too much like a longhorn....

Texan cattle drives, much?

Bulls don't have anything to do with Dallas? Texas is the Longhorn State, you know.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thus far, every one you have posted is awful, with one exception. The Montgomery Biscuits. I like that one for some reason.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

a lot of these logos are just poorly drawn, or are trying too hard....

however, my entry is just wrong on a fundamental level... never has a logo represented a fanbase, a team, or a team name less accurately.

DAL_73.gif

Not really it just needs some work a.k.a. define the bull more and lose the uterus lines.

i guess move the team to a different city in texas, that has a history of livestock, might help too...

what the hell do bulls have to do with dallas? or stars?

and why is there red?

and what exactly are "uterus lines"? :)

Actually, Dallas does have a history in livestock, not to mention that there is a livestock show every year at Fair Park in, oddly enough, the livestock building.

I always thought this logo would look fine without the red swoosh.

rangersCBSig.gif

Reason for emphasizing "show" is that, in order to say which is worst, you need to show which is worst. Me first

Old Mississauga Ice Dogs...

MIS_1640.gif

Post as many times as your indecisive minds change. ;)

Actually, I kind of like this logo. Though it look more like a metal dog, than an ice dog.

this has to be one of the most creative and worst logos of all time

home_01.gif

Youre on drugs!

The Montgomery Biscuits is genius. Minor League baseball is famous for logos and nicknames like this.

I love it.

someone who knows what he taling about. :)

GOD HIMSELF I TELL YOU!!

3teamsigANIM.gif

Submitted for your consideration, I present the look of some teams in the International Basketball League...

and my fave, because its actually an IMPROVEMENT over what they originally had, hard to believe as that may seem...

The drawings are probably better than anything I can do, but they look like something from 7th grade art class. Otherwise, I actually like the Wildcats wordmark.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My entry.....

Minnesota_Kicks.gif

I forgot about that one. The kid looks like he should be on Schoolhouse Rock.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Actually, I'd have to go with the older college logos from the late-1960s through about the mid-80's. Kansas State and Oregon State are the two that come to mind right off. Just a cartoony animal wearing the schools letter sweater.

OregonStBeavers.GIF Oregon State

KansasStateWildcats5.GIF K-State

BaylorBears2.GIF Baylor

BYUCougars10.GIF Then there's this hideous monstrosity...Dear Lord, help us all

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Actually, I'd have to go with the older college logos from the late-1960s through about the mid-80's. Kansas State and Oregon State are the two that come to mind right off. Just a cartoony animal wearing the schools letter sweater.

I like the old school logos. You have to remember that the mindset regarding logos was much different then. First of all, they generally were not seen as a marketing tool or moneymaking device. In addition, as you can see from your examples, they weren't always intended to look aggressive or intimidating, which seems to be the case today. You rarely see a smiling logo that was designed in the last 20 years or so.

I like the old school logos. You have to remember that the mindset regarding logos was much different then. First of all, they generally were not seen as a marketing tool or moneymaking device. In addition, as you can see from your examples, they weren't always intended to look aggressive or intimidating, which seems to be the case today. You rarely see a smiling logo that was designed in the last 20 years or so.

I know, and I'm not for aggressiveness just for the sake of it. I don't mind them in their context, I just think that they're a little too goofy and cartoonish. Also forgot one. I HATE the Wichita State logo. The script is really cool, but seriously, a pissed off bunch (shock) of wheat?!?!?!

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Actually, I'd have to go with the older college logos from the late-1960s through about the mid-80's.

BYUCougars10.GIF Then there's this hideous monstrosity...Dear Lord, help us all

KITTY! ME PET KITTY!

(1960s? Try 1940s)

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived