Celtic Black Alternate Uniforms

Harlequin

They've been floating around these boards for about a year now. Try doing a search and you will probably find a pic or two.

They're not black, just black letters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those are the shorts. The jerseys are green, black numbers with a thin white outline and the letters black with a thin white outline. I'm not sure if they said Boston or Celtics. They also have black panels on the side. They have been talking about these in the Boston Herald a couple of times but nobody is sure when they will wear them.

I agree. However, I would not mind "Boston" on the road uniforms, had they thought of it sooner. Likewise, the old Chicago cursive on the Bulls then/White Sox now. Now that Bird and Jordan won in those so much, it's hard to restore the city names.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Changing the Celtics uniform is just WRONG.

If they want to make an alternate uni, just put BOSTON on the green road uni.

I agree. The only other change I could accept is to make them look like the ones they had in the sixties, with the serif font. I am sick of every team adopting black as a color.

I personally like the Celtics in black, even though I don't like messing with their uniforms.

I also like the other Celtic in black.

dummy.jpg

:wacko: PUKE at least they don't have the any hoops on those jerseys!!! I can't stand Celtic or any Glasgow team in anything.

Of course, I am a big fan of these guys:

Williemiller.JPG

fade.gif

Green and black suck as a color combo.  If they had to have an alternate, the Celtics could have been a bit more original I would think.

Agreed about the Celtics (and about that Celtic strip), but green and black can work just fine as team colors. The trick is not doing what the A's tried to do: Lay out a giant sheet of black and then spill tiny bits of dark green on it. The correct word for that is "camouflage," and no sports team should ever wear camo. Not even the Padres. (Surely teams can find better ways to honor soldiers than playing dress-up.)

But a brighter green than the A's use, with black as a secondary, highlight color, can look terrific. It's purely a question of execution.

20082614447.png

Archived