San Diego Concept

maxweb81

2nd one is the same size as the 1st.

Size aside, I don't like it. You basically traded navy and gold for powder blue and bright yellow. The two colors don't play off each other well. You really need a dark color in this uniform, beyond the black outline on the numbers on one jersey. The lightning bolts on the shoulders are a step backward from the way that the bolts are done on the present jerseys. And there is a lack of consistency - black outlines around numbers on one jersey, but not on the other.

Bottom line, these colors are way too light and bright to be worn as a uniform.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Besides the color thing already mentioned I do love the striping on the pants and shoulders, I have watned to see what something like that would look like for a while on the bolts.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• 1 month later...

No, no, no.

The reason the powder blue alternates/throwbacks look good now is because there isn't that much yellow-gold in them, just some trimming. Powder blue and white look good together, see North Carolina. Too much yellow makes it look like a child painted them with his or her crayola bright colored markers. Ditch the yellow numbers and yellow socks.

And too much powder blue overwhelms. White works. The uniform looks much better with a white helmet, and the pants should always be white, too, both home and road.

The only thing I kind of liked was the pants striping redesign. I don't like how the Chargers current lightning stripes have so many jagged edges to them, I think less would be better. The helmet only has 3 pieces, so the pants having 3 pieces look good, although I'd prefer it to have a point at the top to match the bolt on the helmet.

The reason the powder blue alternates/throwbacks look good now is because there isn't that much yellow-gold in them, just some trimming. Powder blue and white look good together, see North Carolina. Too much yellow makes it look like a child painted them with his or her crayola bright colored markers. Ditch the yellow numbers and yellow socks.

Now wait a minute. The best San Diego Chargers throwback uniforms have them wearing powder blue jerseys with yellow (or gold if you prefer) pants.

just my opinoin but i think its ugly

I know your new so I'll make sure to explain how it works here.You don't say that stuff is ugly. You say what people need to do to make it better. So chill out,newbie.

Understand the way things work here and get used to them.

Coltz

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

just my opinoin but i think its ugly

I know your new so I'll make sure to explain how it works here.You don't say that stuff is ugly. You say what people need to do to make it better. So chill out,newbie.

Understand the way things work here and get used to them.

Coltz

I dunno sure him calling it ugly is bad, but running to every concept and saying THIS CONCEPT ROX, LOL, THIS IS FLUFFING AWESOME 1337 !!!!11!!!:notworthy::notworthy: isn't exactly constructive either.

On the newbie line-speaking as a long time lurker-"Hi kettle! The name's pot! Gosh you look awfully black today!"

To the concept itself its pretty good. My one complaint is that its hard to see the lightning bolts against the white background of the road jerseys. Maybe switching to a darker yellow would help.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived