1993 NFL Expansion Concepts

Joshawaggie

First off, I think the Stallions unis are known what to have looked like, but I wanted to have some fun anyways. I tried to think of 1995 here, the first year they would have played.

I have seen 2 different yellow/gold colors used, i chose the darker gold color. For 1995 I was thinkin of some designs that may have occured in that era, y aknow the really gaudy ones. But I figured St louis to have a more traditional feel, so i kept theirs simple:

Stallions.png

Memphis, on the other hand, I tried some different design elements that they may have gotten away with in 1995. First, the 2 different stripes across the shoulders I mimiced from the "M" logo. You'll notice I also tried to sneek the 'M' logo on the front of the helmet. Why? I dunno, think 1995 here. I wanted to use the teal color for the away jersey, but that second 'M' logo leads me to believe they would have followed the beginning of black trend back then and went with black.

memphis.png

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

NO TEAL HELMET OR PANTS PLEASE, the stallion also looks to happy (I don't know if it was a design created by the team) everything else is pretty good. 7.5/10

i forgot to mention these logos were all created by the perspective owners, not me, if ya didnt know.

also i forgot to mention sycophants are extremely welcome.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I see why they chose not to use those logos. They're not all that impressive. I'd like to see what the lighter yellow would look like on the Stallions jersey. It seems almost too dark with the deep purple(insert smoke on the water reference here) and dark yellow. As for the other one, I like the away set, but I'm not feeling the black jersey. With those colors, you could try to go for sort of a UCLA style concept. I'm not saying follow it exactly, but they make those colors work.

I like the Stallions uniform, it reminds me of the Redskins throwback uniform they wore at home games a couple of years back.

I don't care too much for the Hound Dogs uniforms. I've never been a fan of yellow numbers on white jersey. I'd make the numbers on the white jersey black with teal trim.I'd make the teal a little darker. I'd also remove the "M" logo from the pants and add stripes that match the ones on the helmet.

I'd also add more teal to the black jersey set. Maybe a teal colar and solid teal socks.I 'd also give the helmet a black mask to contrast against the helmet. I know you're kinda limited by preselected colors and logos.

Slightly off topic:

If the NFL had accepted the St. Louis Stallions into the fold with their logo, would the Denver Broncos have kept their previous logo since in many ways their current logo is very similar to the Stallions?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived