It's the san jose stealth... officially!

Brian in Boston

Well, the "official" unveiling has taken place and just as was anticipated, the National Lacrosse League has announced that Bay Area Professional Lacrosse's franchise will be named the San Jose Stealth.

Team colors are Black, Red and Silver/Grey. The Stealth logo depicts a black-clad ninja holding a lacrosse stick and set in front of the team wordmark (rendered in Silver/Grey) and a red target circle.

The logo can be seen at www.nll.com

Brian in Boston

Yes, ladies and gents, it appears that Snake Eyes, from G.I. Joe fame, has fallen on hard times and has accepted the San Jose Ownership's offer to pose as their mascot. To dodge copyright  issues, Mr. Eyes was asked to remove his opaque visor from his face.

To clear up any rumors, yes, Duke, Dr. Mindbender, and even Destro also auditioned for the role of Stealth mascot, but  ownership decided to go with Snake Eyes because of his "silent, kick your arse" aura that follows him wherever he goes.

In other rumor mill news, Grape Ape is supposedly in talks with the new Phoenix/Arizona franchise to have his likeness represented in their logo, as well as Snagglepuss and Huckleberry Hound...

Yes, ladies and gents, it appears that Snake Eyes, from G.I. Joe fame, has fallen on hard times and has accepted the San Jose Ownership's offer to pose as their mascot. To dodge copyright issues, Mr. Eyes was asked to remove his opaque visor from his face.

To clear up any rumors, yes, Duke, Dr. Mindbender, and even Destro also auditioned for the role of Stealth mascot, but ownership decided to go with Snake Eyes because of his "silent, kick your arse" aura that follows him wherever he goes.

:laugh: SNAKE EYES!!!!!

what about Zartan? didnt that guy change colors?

or the Crimson Guard twins,....hit one and the other one feels it too!

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice logo-little dark.  Stealth instead of Ninja - good stuff. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think it kind of bothers me that they used both a ninja and the sniper scope... Somewhat mixing imagery, isn't it? And two that don't really fit together. I could live without the scope, but the ninja isn't all that bad. Hey, it's better than that bird on steriods that the NLL's Vancouver Ravens have for their logo.

Here's my two cents.

I was in Albany this weekend for Siena Hall of Fame weekend, and our Alumni lacrosse game, and I picked up an Albany Attack jersey.

Pardon my French, by "The San Jose Stealth?"  You have got to be f-ing kidding me.

The name, the logo, and no offense but the area???  

NOT LACROSSE.

I'm out.

Rob

Archived