Vegas Marlins?

BJ Sands

Aren't the sports books prohibited from taking bets on sporting events in Nevada?  I thought I'd heard that.  It could be total BS.

I don't think that is completely correct. I'm pretty sure that bets are allowed on fights in Nevada (but remain open to correction by someone in the know). However, the concern still remains that out-of-town players, whose games would presumably be on the board when they were not playing the Vegas team, would be more vulnerable to contact with the undesirable types while they were in Vegas.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys there have already been plans in the works to build a domed stadium in downtown Las Vegas. Mayor Goodman says that it will be one of his lasting legacies to build a thiving urban center for downtown Las Vegas. i do believe that in order to get the stadium filled the team would have to schedule the majority of their games in the afternoon because there are better things to do in Vegas at night than watch a baseball game. thus a domed stadium is needed because there would be no point of retractable roof, it would always be closed.

www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com

union_park_rendering.jpg

union_park_61.jpg

guys there have already been plans in the works to build a domed stadium in downtown Las Vegas.  Mayor Goodman says that it will be one of his lasting legacies to build a thiving urban center for downtown Las Vegas.  i do believe that in order to get the stadium filled the team would have to schedule the majority of their games in the afternoon because there are better things to do in Vegas at night than watch a baseball game.  thus a domed stadium is needed because there would be no point of retractable roof, it would always be closed.

Is that area at the north end of town, away from the airport? The architectural rendering almost looks like it has runways in the background, but I seem to recall (from my one trip to Vegas) that Fremont Street was on the opposite end of town from the airport.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow. That glass-dome ballpark would either be one of the engineering wonders of the world, or it would be a fan-baking inferno of a greenhouse. Assuming it can be made to work without turning the infield into the surface of Venus, it looks intriguing.

20082614447.png

i hope thats sarcasm... werent we gonna have a color for that? lol Incase its not, Im pretty sure its just wireframe type thing... to show what is inside.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Aren't the sports books prohibited from taking bets on sporting events in Nevada?  I thought I'd heard that.  It could be total BS.

I don't think that is completely correct. I'm pretty sure that bets are allowed on fights in Nevada (but remain open to correction by someone in the know). However, the concern still remains that out-of-town players, whose games would presumably be on the board when they were not playing the Vegas team, would be more vulnerable to contact with the undesirable types while they were in Vegas.

It may have been true at one time, but every sports book I've been in while in Las Vegas offered action on UNLV and Nevada (formerly Nevada-Reno) football and basketball games, or so it seemed - they were listed on the touts with lines.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I heard TV announcers (and if you can't trust them, who can you trust?) say that at the B.O.B. (yeah, I know) they furiously pump A.C. into the stadium with the roof closed, and that way they can open it for hours and it is not too uncomfortable for fans.

If this is true, I'd hope any potential L.V. stadium (although I'm kind of with V.D. on this one, and don't see it happening) would have this technology, as opposed to a hard dome. While I understand the need for the dome, there's not much worse IMO than indoor baseball.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived