Buffalo Bills Concept

Cujo

This is my second shot at making over the Bills (FIRST ATTEMPT) and I think I nailed it this time. B)

Once again, I went retro with white helmets and NO navy/silverish/any shade of blue that's not royal. Block numbers and overall, more of a classic, old school look this time.

C&C as always. Thanks.

proj_buf2.png

6uXNWAo.png

Wait, which part about this is perfection?

This is false advertising, man.

But it got you to check it out and comment. ^_^

lol, okay true, you got me there.

Well basically, I think it's a little too uninventive. That's not to say that I don't appreciate simple throwback-style jerseys; I think they have their place within the league. It just seems that you're trying a little *too* much to emulate the "classic" Bills look. I agree that they need to have a throwback feel to them, but they need a modern touch as well. The Bills would just look outdated in these uni's.

So...there ya go. :P

Things that are keeping them from being perfect:

1) No red helmets.

2) Replacing the current Bills wordmark with a much crappier one.

3) Blue stripes on the red jersey sleeves and red socks (stay consistent and make them white outlined in blue)

4) Some sort of creative touch that will separate these from every generic jersey ever.

Well basically, I think it's a little too uninventive. That's not to say that I don't appreciate simple throwback-style jerseys; I think they have their place within the league. It just seems that you're trying a little *too* much to emulate the "classic" Bills look. I agree that they need to have a throwback feel to them, but they need a modern touch as well. The Bills would just look outdated in these uni's.

So...there ya go.  :P

i would have to agree. it's a nice concept, but it's moving backwards in time. I would love it if the bills just used these three colours, but it needs to be modernized a bit

• 2 weeks later...

Despite the names used, these look more like Joe Ferguson meets Jack Kemp.

Not a bad take... although I think the red jersey with white buckets, in reality, is going to make people see the old Patriots, not a good thing in upstate New York, I'm guessing.

I dunno, there are a lot of people here working the Bills over, and I have tried a lot of ideas as well, but I don't think it is as easy a problem to solve as we would like. I'm beginning to think that going conservative is the best route, and this design goes that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived