Detroit Red Wings Concept

logodawg

Now before some of you start freaking out at the very idea of the Red Wings changing anything, relax.

Next year will mark 80 years of NHL hockey in Motown, so I came up with this idea for a uni that they might wear once or so to celebrate.

I tried to come up with something that isn't really a throwback, but combines elements of the current unis and the orginal Cougars uni from the 20s.

C+C please

detroitred_1.png

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I see where you are going with this, but the one issue I have is that you have a road jersey body with home jersey sleeves.

The Red/White color amount is too close to 50/50 for me. I'd reverse the colors of the sleeves to white with red stripes and then perhaps color the shoulders red if you think it's then too much white overall.

Jeff

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'm getting good feedback, but before you post, please read my first post and kept what I'm going for.

I'm putting pics from nhluniforms.com of the unis that this is base from

redwings.JPG

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Yours look fine, especially with the "D" logo. Alternate jerseys should have an alternate logo, which yours does. The only thing I might change at this point is the striping. Because you have a single stripe where the logo is, why not put a single thick stripe on the sleeves and bottom?

I see where you are going with this, but the one issue I have is that you have a road jersey body with home jersey sleeves.

The Red/White color amount is too close to 50/50 for me. I'd reverse the colors of the sleeves to white with red stripes and then perhaps color the shoulders red if you think it's then too much white overall.

Jeff

i don't think it looks any more 50-50 than the wings current whites, or the stars current whites... and neither of those get many complaints.

Alternate jerseys should have an alternate logo...

Tell it to the Blackhawks. Or the Kings. Or the Panthers.

(One's a phenomenon, two's a coincidence, three's a definite trend... :therock: )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow, yeah, I completely just didn't say what I wanted to there. In addition to what I said, if it's not a different logo entirely, then the jersey shouldn't be the color of the other jerseys. Good thing you guys caught my goof, I obviously wasn't thinking much when I said that.

Jeff

i don't think it looks any more 50-50 than the wings current whites, or the stars current whites... and neither of those get many complaints.

I just thought with the addition of the wide red stripe across the body of the jersey, when combined with the red sleeves, it was getting to be too much red.

The current whites have red sleeves, but the entire main body is white, (aside from a trim stripe at the bottom) making white a clearly predominate color for me.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived