STL Cards Jersey Varification

pcgd

I found this jersey on Ebay (ok bought) and I've looked it over but I don't have the eye that you guys have. Everything looks great to me, and everything that I can tell matches up with the 1979 Road uniforms. And there is a cooperstown collection jersey of Lou Brock's 1979 road uniform going for about $300 at full price. To me, this almost looks MORE authentic with the birds than the cooperstown one. The look tags right too, except the Cooperstown one looks a bit different, and it looks like the only thing missing is the size tag inside the neck.

The color looks off, as the Cardinals were in the power blues back then. But I'm gonna rack that up to a photo thing, until I recieve it that is. The photo looks like a grey with a little blue.

I don't think I'm getting ripped of, from what I can tell. Plus, 45 bucks including shipping. As long as everything's stitched, its worth it to me.

Any thoughts?

a9_1.JPG

b9_1.JPG

Here's the cooperstown one:

pMLB2-1338246dt.jpg

It's hard to tell if the lettering is correct, but it might be due to the wrinkles.

The sleeves look really short, almost like a football jersey.

The Cardinals script looks a little different, but again, it could be due to the wrinkles and lighting.

Take another picture when it comes in, and it will be easier to see if it's legit or not.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Even with the incandescent light that the first pic was taken it, it still should be closer to the powder blue than grey. Also if you look at the neck trim, the white stripe is much thinner on the one you are bidding on. But if it comes in powder blue, its not like many people would notice any difference at all if ya wear it out and about.

Hmmm...I just found this picture.

rounding_baseCropped_Larger.jpg

Dressed to the nines have the cardinals wearing the baby blues in 79 and 80, the only years the numbers were on the sleeves. This certainly fits that era and it looks like grey to me. And the stripes look thinner than the Cooperstown version, more like the one I got.

This is all very confusing.

I think it look sgood, even if it isnt 100% legit, its really close, and there is probably nothing to worry about. nobody on the street would notice.

Aside from overall "looks," you need to be worried about the quality of materials used on counterfeit jerseys. I made the mistake of getting a counterfeit once... I knew it was a counterfeit, but I thought it looked good in the pictures. When I got it, I realized the jersey material was barely thicker than tissue paper, and there were loose threads on the numbers. It looked fine in the photo or from a distance, but it was a total piece of garbage up close. The fold creases in your jersey make me suspect the quality is going to disappoint you.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Brock at the '79 All Star Game:

235-225-PN001901.jpg

235-587-PN001899.jpg

235-53-PN001897.jpg

thanks for showing those. I'll definatly let you all know how this works out.

Honestly I put a 40 dollar bid down thinking, if I get it great. If not, no biggie. I didn't think I'd actually get it.

Its sounding fake, but the lettering and everything looks pretty damn close to all the pictures of him in uniform. The thickness of the cuffs looks more like what they wore than the cooperstown one.

We'll see the quality of the material. I'm not really thinking its going to be great quality. The fold marks almost made me not bid at all, but then again, these things alot of times come in the plastic and are folded like that for months. My 40's cardinals jersey (a cooperstown one bought at a store) gets fold marks if its not hung up, and the material on that is at least that of an replica (never owned an authentic baseball before).

Anyway, thanks again to all those that posted their opinions. We'll see if and how bad I got burned within a week.

Yeah if you don't have an authentic, or if you've never felt one, you might not know what you're missing. When I got my counterfeit Broncos jersey, I could tell a difference in the weight of the material right away. My friends who don't have authentics couldn't tell, but when they compared it to my real authentics, everyone could tell the difference.

AstrosTransitionsSig.gif

Got this today. All I can say is, thank god I only paid 40 bucks.

Its freaking Huge.

Its most definatly fake.

The crest logo just isn't right. No outline on "Cardinals", the birds are incorrect.

"Brock" is rounded letters instead of block.

It is baby blue, but way to light.

Its freaking huge.

It is on good material, its well stitched (appears to be) and the price was right. I wasn't had cause I had a feeling about it. I'm not sure its worth complaining about by the time I send it back and such. Oh well, I should have known better. It is wearable, and for the most part me and the rest of you would be the only ones to notice, but its my own fault.

Anyway, thanks guys. Even if I didn't win it before this thread, I probably would have taken the chance. The risk would have been worth it in my eyes.

Do the letters look different on the Jersey you have than on the pic he posted? I Don't think any of us picked up the fact that they were rounded. Like you said, At least it was only $40, and we're the only ones who'd notice, but still... :cursing: I see your point of view.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Archived