NY Giants to wear red this Sunday

Gmac1018

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tangent for Giants fans:

Is there a reason that the Giants' oversized RBs all seem to wear #27? Hampton, Dayne, now Jacobs. Is this a coincidence or is there some mythological explanation for this?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Tangent for Giants fans:

Is there a reason that the Giants' oversized RBs all seem to wear #27? Hampton, Dayne, now Jacobs. Is this a coincidence or is there some mythological explanation for this?

Hampton wasn't really in the same mold as Dayne/Jacobs. He was the main back, not a change of pace like the other two, and while he was a power back, he wasn't there mainly for size.

As far as the number, no reason. Dayne may have worn 27 because he was a Giants fan growing up in NJ in the early 90s, but that's just speculation on my part.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

Tangent for Giants fans:

Is there a reason that the Giants' oversized RBs all seem to wear #27?  Hampton, Dayne, now Jacobs.  Is this a coincidence or is there some mythological explanation for this?

I don't know why Dayne wore #27 (though I think Joe Montgomery was wearing #33, which Dayne wore at Wisconsin), but Brandon Jacobs wore #27 at both Auburn

Jacobs at Auburn

and Southern Illinois

Jacobs at Southern Illinois.

Those red unis do look so much better when they are winning. I kind of wished Eli was wearing red when he took that massive hit from McDougle last year. :D That was awesome. I think he became a better quarterback after that hit. I love that pic... if only I still had it. Hmm, off topic...

Archived