NY Giants to wear red this Sunday

Gmac1018

I know for a fact it was stated in the Giants 75th anniverasy video that the team originally wore Orange and Black, as well as having seen it stated in print in many NFL history books. And honestly, it's impossible to show photograpic evidence because by the time color photography was widely availible, the Giants had switched to Blue and Red.

Hate to steal this from Homer Simpson, but I have to say it anyway...

"D'OH!"

YOZXkBG.png?1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew that the Giants used to wear red, but I never saw a picture of them in action until I found this:

1949 Giants-Steelers

I like the way these look (even though it looks like one guy is wearing a red helmet). And I actually like the current reds, too. Use them once a year as an alternate, and I'm cool with it.

Thanks for that link. Those pics are great.

I think this is really funny! All these people are saying that the red alternate is so plain and are the worst ever, but the Giants home jersey is the same only blue! Shouldn't someone say that looks like a practice jersey? I think this is so pointless, the red jersey is fine and a great alternate, and it's is only worn a maximum of two times a year.

I agree. The red alt is "classic"!

YOZXkBG.png?1

I knew that the Giants used to wear red, but I never saw a picture of them in action until I found this:

1949 Giants-Steelers

I like the way these look (even though it looks like one guy is wearing a red helmet).  And I actually like the current reds, too.  Use them once a year as an alternate, and I'm cool with it.

They are great pictures. I love seeing photos/films of games played in old baseball stadiums (Wrigley, Fenway, Griffith, Briggs/Tiger, etc.), where the fields are sort of shoehorned in and there are occasional large stretches of the field with no seats around them. They just always look very cool.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/past.htm

Some pretty cool ones here, though it's OT

Keeping it off-topic, I actually found those pictures on this website:

http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/index.shtml

Not a ton of old pictures here, but this guy actually makes diagrams of each MLB stadium. I think it's pretty cool. I usually go to http://www.ballparks.com/index.html when I'm in the mood to look at some old pictures of old stadiums.

Thanks - that's something I've been looking for for quite a while! :notworthy:

I meant a RELIABLE source.   :P

I'll grant you Maple Leaf (to be honest, I questioned whether or not to even include them), but I consider Pantone to be reliable. :D

I agree about Pantone. Perhaps I used the wrong smilie, so my intent was unclear. Please substitute this ( :upside: ) for this ( :P ).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I didn't like these red alternates when I first saw 'em a few years back, but they've grown on me and I thinnk the Giants Blue and Red uniforms are two of the nicest uniforms in the league. I hate their new away uniforms, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just go back to these!

Hampton,Rodney8.jpg

dive.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

dive.jpg

I actually kind of wish the Packers had these sleeve stripes again...

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

For fans of sleeve stripes, for fans of the "Disco NY," for fans of Craig Morton flipping off the crowd, bring these back!

I'm sure I am in the minority, but I liked that logo. It's a shame it only lasted for one year. As for the rest of the uniform, . . .

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

What was the year they used that 'craig morton logo' and were they playing in Giants stadium? Anyone have a pic of it?

There are already two pictures a few posts back.

:welcome: (To icepickphil AND Bigballs99). I feel like the CCSLC Welcoming Committee Chairman today. :D

Archived