NFL Lions Concept

TBGKon

Below are 2 concepts I put together for the Detroit Lions. I would have posted in logodawg's thread, but I felt that it would be thread stealing, so here is my own idea.

DetLionslogo.png

DetLionsunis.png

I took the current Lion logo, made all black into blue, and darkened the blue a tad. I then took the idea of the 2 bar from the retro logo and pasted it with the new logo. I also made unis that I consider traditional, but modern since they have piping and such.

C&C please

I guess since I'm the resident Lions fan here(are there any others?), it's only fitting that I respond first. Well, I love the 3rd one...reminds me of my favorite throwbacks. On the first, if the piping was grey, I might like it a bit more. The white really stands out to me, almost to the point of distraction. For the middle one, it seems like there needs to be something else. Maybe some stripes, or maybe just the sleeve should be blue, rather than the whole shoulder. I'm not sure, but something's missing there. Combining the two logos looks pretty good, and getting rid of the black is a good decision.

no your not the only mainline lions fan here, i like them too, sry. i like the logo a lot, and i love the alternate, but i think that the lions should just go back to 1950 logowise, and 1930 jersey wise (but without leather helmates)  :P

You don't hafat be sorry about being a Lions fan. Shameful, maybe the past few years, but no need to apologize. I was just curious if there were any Lions fans on this board other than myself. Kind of odd that we both live in PA.

Lions make for cool logos, and for mine, Detroit have possibly the worst looking, with the exception of the BC Lions, which is a Mountain Lion, so technically not the same. (But it's laughing, so it's worse)

Detroit could use any number of brandsoftheworld Lions as a guide to how to make a good lion.

Look at LMU. That Lion is majestic, it's aggressive and it's just so well done.

brand.gif

Even GM's Australian Division, called Holden has a better Lion.

brand.gif

So as far as this, if it's still using the old Lion, I am not for it.

As for the uniforms, I'd say Detroit need to do something interesting for Home and Road, and use what you've done for Throwback. Even use this Lions for throwback uniforms.

In that regard, I like the White with blue sleeves, but would that look too much like what Dallas used to wear?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

And as for Lions fans, there?s just nothing good to talk about, just how many ways they can lose a game. Remember the Christmas Sunday against the Vikings last year, and the Lions missed the extra point to tie the game with no time left. Ah, great crappy memories of the Lions ruining my autumn once again.

r u kidding how about a couple of years ago, the "river city relay"? play of the year. saints go 75 yds on a several lateral play, to score a td against the jaguars on the last play, then to tie it John Karney misses the exp.!!!

oh and the concept is too plain, but i agree that they should go back to what they had i like those ones

I like how simple your design.

Have you thought about adding numbers on the shoulders? IMO it might make it even more striking.

Very Nice.

P.S. Thanks for not stealing my thread :D

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Nice idea but I think its a little bland. You shoukd try to add a little more pazazz and personaly, I think the Lions should change there logo. Nice foundation on the jersey idea, but a little flare will make it better. :D

I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but i remember several years back a snickers commercial featuring a lockerroom interview of a player that had just been traded from the lions to another team. They never came out and said lions but on the wall behind the reporter there was a generic and pretty sweet looking lions logo in the detroit colors. Anyone else remember this? I just remember wondering why the lions didn't switch to that logo.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived