Reading Phillies to wear throwbacks in 2006

BigEd76

MiLB.com

Reading will be celebrating its 40th anniversary of being affiliated with the Phillies in 2006 and every Tuesday home game during the season will be Throwback Tuesday. On these days, the Phils will wear jerseys like the ones they wore when they first signed on with Philadelphia in 1967.

12_01_forbes.jpg12_01_forbes2.jpg

Reading wore modernized ones a few years ago:

Geocities link to a pic of Marlon Byrd

...but switched to looking like the main ballclub:

070605-cole1.JPG

I've been to a few Reading Phils' games. I like the uniforms in the pic with marlon Byrd much better than using the major league team's jerseys. As for the throwbacks, I like the idea. It seems to be a trend, which I think is brilliant as far as marketing. What part of southeastern PA are you from, BigEd, if you don't mind me asking?

What part of southeastern PA are you from, BigEd, if you don't mind me asking?

Levittown (Lower Bucks County)....10 minutes away from Sesame Place...

Ah, I'm from Lancaster..10 minutes from ummm.....lotsa Amish farms..about 40 min. or so from Reading. I go to school out here in West Chester though.

I am from chester county as well, my fiance lives in coatesville and goes to west chester. We are in lancaster all the time.

Anywho, I love the jerseys. The R phils had a great identity (except for the unnecessary black road unis, even then the script was sharp) before switching to match the big club, so I am glad to see a version of that old ID back.

here are some views of the unis a few years ago:

179228.jpg

bobble_floyd_howard_web_lg.jpg

ReadingPhillies.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived