Jerseys a NO-GO?

RickV

I much prefer to put my own name or nickname and number of my choice on the back of a jersey then a player,

See, that I've never understood.

For me, it's either a real player, or nothing.

It's something I've done in the past, and will continue to do unless there's a player I really admire that I'd rather put on the back.

As a fan, I feel like a part of the teams whom I support. This is simply a logical extension of that feeling. I'm not under any delusions that I am actually a physical member of the team, but it represents that I identify personally with that team.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but I like my little Polo horse, and Izod alligator.

The alligator is Lacoste, not Izod. Izod was once the distributer of Lacoste, but currently they are separate companies. Izod is much less expensive, and quality / design wise, is geared towards a much different audience.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I much prefer to put my own name or nickname and number of my choice on the back of a jersey then a player,

See, that I've never understood.

For me, it's either a real player, or nothing.

It's something I've done in the past, and will continue to do unless there's a player I really admire that I'd rather put on the back.

As a fan, I feel like a part of the teams whom I support. This is simply a logical extension of that feeling. I'm not under any delusions that I am actually a physical member of the team, but it represents that I identify personally with that team.

it varies for me. the only one I'd put my name on for sure would be a replica of my high school jersey, and that's a stretch cus my name wasn't on my back.

as far as where I'd think about it, I'd only consider it if I made the jersey myself, otherwise I go with a real player, just a number, or blank where the numbers are.

heck, I got a number system if I either just go with #s or have my name on it: 01 (the year I graduated from high school), 3, 21, 83 (my birthday, though not all on the same shirt), 53, 67, 64 and 95 (numbers I'd worn in middle school, JV or varsity football). Oh yeah, and the old standbys 0 and 00

on a past point someone had made about jersey-wearers pretending to be the player...I know when I wear my Walter Payton jersey, I'm not pretending to be him. Shoot, I couldn't. All I can be is me, so I just go about my business as me whether I'm in a Payton jersey or a blue tee. By the "costume" logic, if I wear a kilt I must be doing a bad impression of a Scottish man; by wearing jeans I must be thinking I'm a cowboy; or by wearing a blue tee, I'm pretending to be a Crip. <_< I got enough common sense to know that all the men in business suits aren't pretending to be Donald Trump ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived