Jerseys a NO-GO?

RickV

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read that. Of course, I'm sitting here at work wearing an Everton shirt. Read into that what you will.

And, besides, hockey jerseys are second only to aloha shirts for the ultimate big man wear.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

What about wearing a jersey to the office on game days? Can't I support my team?

No. Three reasons why:

(1) You are no longer in high school;

(2) You are no longer playing third-string center for the varsity;

(3) If you think back really hard, you'll recall that players wore suits and ties on game day, not game jerseys.

I think back really hard, and I wore my jersey on game day :D suits are overrated anyway ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know this will sound completely made up, but I SWEAR TO GOD I had a dream two nights ago where I had to talk someone out of having the groomsmen wear jerseys at a wedding reception (or, more precisely, talk him out of trying to talk his bride into allowing it). In case that ever happens again (or while I'm awake), I will show the individual this article. :D

Overall, I know I'm in the minority in this crowd, but I limit jersey wearing to games (which is easy since I only own the Ray Lewis white that my sister-in-law bought for me for Christmas last year) and think that is a pretty reasonable rule. I guess that means I basically agree with Hruby.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

OUCH....I work at a place where the attire is business casual, and I love a jersey as much as I do a new dress shirt or dress slacks, but there's no need to dis a jersey-wearer. Do I wear my Patriots jerseys everytime I go out? No. I usually wear 'em on Sundays (gameday) and when I'm playing Madden or NFL2K.

To quote Stu Scott: HATER IN THE HOUSE :cursing:

I do agree with his "piss on the people that don't know anything about the jersey/player they are wearing" sentiment, but I think a lot of this rage is misdirected. I also notice he barely mentioned hockey jerseys, which are in a class by themselves.

Also, where can I get one of those Barry Zito USC jerseys, hmmm?

1zgyd8w.jpg

I know this will sound completely made up, but I SWEAR TO GOD I had a dream two nights ago where I had to talk someone out of having the groomsmen wear jerseys at a wedding reception (or, more precisely, talk him out of trying to talk his bride into allowing it).  In case that ever happens again (or while I'm awake), I will show the individual this article.  :D

Overall, I know I'm in the minority in this crowd, but I limit jersey wearing to games (which is easy since I only own the Ray Lewis white that my sister-in-law bought for me for Christmas last year) and think that is a pretty reasonable rule.  I guess that means I basically agree with Hruby.

I distinctly recall an email I received two years ago with photos of couples wearing NBA tops to their proms. Yes, the girl even had sequins on her Sixers home #3. I remember laughing to the point of hyperventilation. It and others could still be on the web, but I it is way gone from my inbox.

The writer and the female fashipn critic are correct. Grown men should never wear them in public.

Darn. No Yankees-themed wedding dresses, then?

We hold these biases to be of Mr. Hruby: They are not OK at the mall, unless you work at the Baltimore Orioles team store.

Oddly enough, I do remember seeing a picture of a Yankees wedding gown and matching tux...and there, fixed it...there's nothing I hate more than reporters trying to pass off their own biases as set-in-stone facts.

Billett makes an important point: Sports jerseys are first and foremost work uniforms, designed for a specific task, same as the brown shorts worn by UPS drivers. Would you wear a Burger King visor to a movie theater? A Navy frogman suit to a non-S&M nightclub?

they don't sell Burger King visors or UPS uniforms in stores, now do they?

"You beer-drinking slobs with big guts wearing a sports jersey? It's like, OK, you can't even run across the basketball court," says Billett. "Unless you're really fit, we don't want to see it. And unfortunately, most of the people wearing these things ought to cover up."

Homes, you have something between your head and your torso. It's called a neck...I don't much care that my size somehow offends you, and I'm not sorry I don't look like a fluffing clone <_<

You don't understand: futbol is life. I can no more part with my Man U shirt than my right arm.

Sure you can. In America, wearing a soccer jersey is like flashing the handshake to a secret society that nobody wants to join, or loudly proclaiming your undying faith in Scientology. What sort of message do you want to convey?

and now our fine writer proudly displays the stereotypical American soccer ignorance. I got a message I wanna convey: (bleep) clone culture! :cursing: I'll wear all the jerseys I got, thank you very much...you aint the boss of me and there's not a damn law out there against it.

Damn puritans :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

I know this will sound completely made up, but I SWEAR TO GOD I had a dream two nights ago where I had to talk someone out of having the groomsmen wear jerseys at a wedding reception (or, more precisely, talk him out of trying to talk his bride into allowing it).  In case that ever happens again (or while I'm awake), I will show the individual this article.   :D

Overall, I know I'm in the minority in this crowd, but I limit jersey wearing to games (which is easy since I only own the Ray Lewis white that my sister-in-law bought for me for Christmas last year) and think that is a pretty reasonable rule.  I guess that means I basically agree with Hruby.

I distinctly recall an email I received two years ago with photos of couples wearing NBA tops to their proms. Yes, the girl even had sequins on her Sixers home #3. I remember laughing to the point of hyperventilation. It and others could still be on the web, but I it is way gone from my inbox.

The writer and the female fashipn critic are correct. Grown men should never wear them in public.

I have received the same e-mail at least twice. It would take me a while to figure out if I still have the e-mail. Meanwhile, however, I got lucky on a Google search and found these. I remember the Rasheed Wallace couple from the e-mail.

getting_ready_02.jpgpose_03.jpg

pose_04.jpgprom_pose_02.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Man that ESPN writer is a hater.

My only problem with jerseys, is that people buy them too big.

Also, the Sports Guy from Page 2 used to make fun of people wore pro jersey's with their own name on the back. He said it was lame. I disagree.

I actually don't like concept of wearing pro players' jerseys with the name on back (jerseys with numbers or blank are cool). It doesn't make any logical sense. The name template on the back indicates that "the person who is wearing this jersey has the last name ____"

How do other people feel?

Here was the reply I just sent to them:

Jerseys are just fine... for fans. The backlash against them is just as stupid as the abusers, or the perpetrators of the "fad" aspect of them. You should know the team and the player before you wear a jersey. Be a fan of what you have on your shirt, whether it is a jersey or not.

Church, weddings, dates... all unacceptable places for a jersey, ever. Casual Friday at your web design company, and your team is in the playoffs, or playoff stretch? A jersey is just fine. Over at the neighbor?s checking out his new gas grill? Fine. Out at the neighborhood bar, having a beer? Fine. Out for dinner at a steakhouse with your wife? Uhhmm.. you might want to switch to polo and khakis here.

The worst parts of jersey wearing are the people who do it wrong.

-Do not cross pollinate sports or eras.

-Do not wear a jersey cause the color is swell. Know who and what you have on, and wear it to proudly proclaim your fandom.

-Do not show or accentuate any body part that you otherwise wouldn?t. If you look fine in a tank top, cause your guns are all ripped up, go for it and wear a basketball jersey. If you more resemble the comic book guy, please stick to football and hockey.

-Do not try be ?that guy who is always wearing a jersey.? Wearing one occasionally to show them off, and show what teams you like is fine, just don?t forget there are other pieces of clothing. Just like you shouldn?t always wear a t-shirt, or a tuxedo.

Overall, jersey wearing is fine, just do it appropriately, and there will be less backlash from metro-sexual sports writers who like to tell people what to do.

Be a fan, wear your jersey.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Also, the Sports Guy from Page 2 used to make fun of people wore pro jersey's with their own name on the back. He said it was lame. I disagree.

Nope, I agree with Sports Guy on that one. You don't play for that team, so your name shouldn't be on the jersey.

And, payno, I agree with most of what you said... except, uh, I think I'm "that guy."

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If you're over 20 and wear a jersey outside the home, you're an idiot. Thank God someone had the balls to say it.

gee, thanks for branding me an idiot <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

Casual jersey wear (around the house, games, Burger King, the mall, backyard BBQ, non-date movie going) is perfectly acceptable in my book. Work, dates, sit down dinners, formal parties, holiday get togethers (except for the 4th of July) I think are NOT acceptable. JMO

metslogo_215.gif

Archived