Buy or Sell ATH Style!

Nick 1733

Buy.  I think fans discount all these players.

Buy or sell Terrell Owens as a Denver Bronco next year

I'm gonna sell this one, i know shanahan has a history of taking troubled players but denver has a good thing going this year and I think T.O. would upset their momentum heading into next year and keep them from getting better as a cohesive unit. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere i just dont think denver is it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy or Sell: The Cardinals can win the NL Central in 2006 despite a poor showing at the winter meetings last week?

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well sir, i will sell this. i believe the biggest movers so far this winter have been the chicago cubs. they acquired two solid relievers for their struggling, mediocre at best, bullpen (bob howry and steve eyre). they added a great utility man and bench player in the form of john mabry, and the biggest move for the cubs thus far, the addition of jaun pierre to fill one of the voids in the outfield. pierre also fills perhaps the cubs biggest hole, a LEAD OFF MAN! if derek lee can have the same type of season he did last year, having jaun pierre getting on base ahead of him may help derek lee actually win the MVP if the cubs contend. in this case, i must sell the cardinals winning the division to the Chicago Cubs. i believe the cardinals can make the wild card though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buy or sell notre dame to win the National Championship in 2006 (consult the schedule!)

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

Buy.  I think fans discount all these players.

Buy or sell Terrell Owens as a Denver Bronco next year

I'll buy that. The Broncos may come a game short of the Super Bowl this year, so they will know they need to upgrade to get them over the top.

Buy or Sell: The Seahawks winning the NFC.

6uXNWAo.png

buy or sell notre dame to win the National Championship in 2006 (consult the schedule!)

I will sell. It's way too early to predict, but I'll say the Irish will lose the first game to a very good Georgia Tech team. Quinn may have Heisman aspirations, but Tech WR Calvin Johnson has some of his own. That, coupled with a loss to USC in the final game of the year, will dash championship hopes.

I sell. The Seahawks are pretty good with running the ball with Shaun Alexander, but he'll face some much tougher run defenses in the playoffs. Chicago, Carolina and Tampa Bay come to mind. Most of the defenses Seattle has seen so far this year have been soft and/or porous.

Buy or sell - Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium is the toughest place to play in all of sports.

I will sell. It's way too early to predict, but I'll say the Irish will lose the first game to a very good Georgia Tech team. Quinn may have Heisman aspirations, but Tech WR Calvin Johnson has some of his own. That, coupled with a loss to USC in the final game of the year, will dash championship hopes.

I sell. The Seahawks are pretty good with running the ball with Shaun Alexander, but he'll face some much tougher run defenses in the playoffs. Chicago, Carolina and Tampa Bay come to mind. Most of the defenses Seattle has seen so far this year have been soft and/or porous.

Buy or sell - Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium is the toughest place to play in all of sports.

they were a very good georgia tech team this year and only got to 7-4. they only beat miami, though it was AT miami. but i dont think georgia tech is nearly as good as notre dame will be next year, because i believe they will be a better team than they were this year. if we lose one, it will be to penn state, but we will not lose to a depleted USC team next year.

now, as far as your buy or sell: camden is the toughest place to play in all of COLLEGE sports, though some teams have enjoyed success there winning once in a great while. however, i dont think it is the toughest place in all sports. the kids are nuts in there, but i would have to put arrowhead stadium above camden. i hate duke, but if my favorite teams never had to go there, i wouldnt be too upset ^_^

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

I'll buy the seahawks coming out of the NFC. the bears beat both tampa and carolina, but seattle is a better team than all three of them. we could have a possible super bowl preview when they play indianapolis, which will be their last test in the quest for an undefeated season. but in any event, seattle is by far the best team in the nfc. i will buy them to come out of the NFC and lose to indianapolis in the super bowl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mario lemieux says the penguins have little chance of staying in pittsburgh: buy or sell the pens moving Winnipeg or Quebec

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

mario lemieux says the penguins have little chance of staying in pittsburgh: buy or sell the pens moving Winnipeg or Quebec

Sell. They'd move within the US. They'd fold before going to Canada.

Buy or Sell.

Watching tonight's Packers/Lions game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Buy or Sell: The Colts playing from behind at all the rest of the regular season.

Sell. The Chargers and the Seahawks will both have leads some point in the two games, and I can even see the Seahawks taking the game right down to the final play VS Indianapolis.

Buy or sell: Overall, Najeh Davenport is a better running back than Dominic Rhodes.

Buy or Sell: The Colts playing from behind at all the rest of the regular season.

Sell. The Chargers and the Seahawks will both have leads some point in the two games, and I can even see the Seahawks taking the game right down to the final play VS Indianapolis.

BCBoy, I think you want to say you're buying that Colts question...you want to sell things that won't be true...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Buy or sell: Overall, Najeh Davenport is a better running back than Dominic Rhodes.

Sell. It's a bit too early to tell. Rhodes had already had a chance to shine (1100 yards in 2001). We'll see where Davenport is in a few years, but for now, Sell.

Buy or Sell: Ron Artest to Sacramento for Peja Stojakovic.

i'll buy this to a degree. i dont care who the pacers get in return, but i think they need to get rid of artest. if he WANTS out and the pacers wont do it, he'll start tanking in his play and the team will suffer from it. and obviously after last season's fiasco in detroit, we know the guy is crazy and can cause some trouble in the locker room. i wouldnt want him on my team no matter what kind of numbers he puts up, but i'll BUY ron artest getting traded. peja would be good for the pacers and i dont even like the NBA, much less debate it on the boards.

buy or sell the Bears blowing this playoff opportunity and winning the division.

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

buy or sell the Bears blowing this playoff opportunity and winning the division.

I'll sell that. The Bears played like crap against a decent steeler team, but the Bears could end up tied with the vikings at the end of the year and still hold the tiebreaker.

Buy or Sell: The Texans not winning another game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'll sell that. The Bears played like crap against a decent steeler team, but the Bears could end up tied with the vikings at the end of the year and still hold the tiebreaker.

Buy or Sell: The Texans not winning another game.

Buy: Just look at that FG attempt at the end of the game today. No one just misses a kick like that that badly. Capers in his hear saying "miss it, miss it." They could have won their last three games.

Buy or Sell: Priest Holmes retiring after this season.

• 1 month later...
This one just came to me, and instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post it here.

BUY or SELL: Edgerrin James signs with the Packers in the offseason.

Sell. It's all about Gado, baby! :D Actually I think they may stick with Davenport. He was having a nice season filling in for Green before he went down to injury as well.

Buy or Sell: Artest turing the Kings into contenders

6uXNWAo.png

I'll buy that. The Broncos may come a game short of the Super Bowl this year, so they will know they need to upgrade to get them over the top.

Nicely done, DC. B)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived