Germany 06 Final Draw

HatCityEnforcer

I'm not a big soccer guy, but didn't Greece win Euro 04 and they're not in the Cup? ... or maybe I'm just wrong, and blind.

That they did, but the World Cup qualifying process is separate from the European championship.

Basically, Greece got lucky in Euro 04 and couldn't replicate the magic in the WC qualifiers.

GROUP A

Germany

Ecuador

Poland

Costa Rica

GROUP B

England

Paraguay

Sweden

Trinidad & Tobago

GROUP C

Argentina

Ivory Coast

Netherlands

Serbia/Montenegro

GROUP D

Mexico

Angola

Portugal

Iran

GROUP E

Italy

Ghana

Czech Republic

United States

GROUP F

Brazil

Australia

Croatia

Japan

GROUP G

France

Togo

Switzerland

South Korea

GROUP H

Spain

Tunisia

Ukraine

Saudi Arabia

now that we have the groups, a little preview

Group A

Germany should win all three of these games, which leaves second place. My head says Poland, but my heart says the Ticos

Group B

England didn't play that great in qualifyingm they just got by. Still, the English and Swedes should make it to the round of 16.

Group C

my money would be on Argentina and the Oranje if I was a betting man. then again, this is World Cup futbol, anything can happen.

Group D

Mexico got its language from Spain. Portugal is next to Spain. Both tend to choke, but they'll wait until the round of 16 to do so.

Group E

Gee...thanks FIFA :mad: I figure it should be Italy and the US, but the Czechs scare me and the African teams always fight hard.

Group F

Brazil can expect some dogfights, but will finish on top. the second spot is too close to call IMO.

Group G

France should get through this group in its sleep. Second place will probably be South Korea

Group H

Spain should get to the round of 16. Not even those chokers could screw this up. the other team to advance will probably be Ukraine.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

Very interesting subplots to this world cup.

Group B has England and Sweden. I don't think that's what Coach Erickson (sp?) had in mind

Group C may be very tough. No one wanted the Netherlands and unfortunately, the likes of Cote D'Ivoire, Argentina and Serbia have them.

France and Switzerland in the same group? Yikes.

I'm not sure about predicting who will advance from the group stage right now. I would say that at least one of the traditional powers will not make it through....

I guess, now's a good time to show a picture from the draw... :D

capt.wcd15712092054.germany_soccer_world_cup_draw_wcd157.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Yah, it's like 1990 all over again for the US...Italy and the Czechs in group play.

I'd also like to nominate Group C as the Group Of Death...Argentina, the Dutch, Serbia, and the Ivory Coast...all 4 are pretty solid teams..shame 2 of them are going home early.

That group is nothing like the original "Group of Death" from 02 with England, Sweden, Nigeria and Argentina.

6uXNWAo.png

Yah, it's like 1990 all over again for the US...Italy and the Czechs in group play.

I'd also like to nominate Group C as the Group Of Death...Argentina, the Dutch, Serbia, and the Ivory Coast...all 4 are pretty solid teams..shame 2 of them are going home early.

That group is nothing like the original "Group of Death" from 02 with England, Sweden, Nigeria and Argentina.

Wow, the perennial dark horse in Nigeria and two international powers in the same group... Group of Death indeed.

Β 

Β 

Group F looks VERY good with Japan and Australia and Brazil all excellent teams.

What sport are you talking about. How do Japan and Australia get labeld as a great team, what about Croatia. Of course I'm biased, but even if I wasn't check the FIFA rankings and you'll see that Japan and Australia are not so great...

I think out of seaded teams Italy won't make it to 1/8 final. Czech Republic will win it and US will manage to be second because Ivory Coast will play tie with Italy.

GO Croatia!

Croatia we'll beat cos the Croatians in our side hate a few of those players that used Australian tax payers money at the AIS to develop their skills then changed to Croatia just to get a game

WHat do you mean, Skoko grew up with Joe Didulica and Joe Simunic who are now playing for Croatia, Viduka comes to Croatian coast every summer, they are all great friends, everyone here calles Australia "Croatia 2". Skoko said that his family will barrack for Australia but his friends already bought tickets to follow Croatia, and the whole Croatian community in AU will go for Croatia. I think this game will be the game for second place, but no matter the score, teams will exchange their jerseys after the game...

Croatia we'll beat cos the Croatians in our side hate a few of those players that used Australian tax payers money at the AIS to develop their skills then changed to Croatia just to get a game

WHat do you mean, Skoko grew up with Joe Didulica and Joe Simunic who are now playing for Croatia, Viduka comes to Croatian coast every summer, they are all great friends, everyone here calles Australia "Croatia 2". Skoko said that his family will barrack for Australia but his friends already bought tickets to follow Croatia, and the whole Croatian community in AU will go for Croatia. I think this game will be the game for second place, but no matter the score, teams will exchange their jerseys after the game...

i believe that your goalkeeper, Josip someone, and someone else both graduated from the Australian Institute of Sport then changed nationality to Croatia....

yeh so we are ranked 49 in the world, yeh well we have played no ones but Turkey in the past year and a half

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived