OT: Fun With Pantone Textile Colors

TruColor

Hey all...

Some of you might remember a game we used to play here where I list color descriptions taken from actual Pantone Textile colors, and you try to guess which team it is.

For those newbies, or for those who care to know, Pantone Textile colors (those colors designated as official for fabric colors) have descriptions attached to them. For example, Pantone Textile 13-5911 TC has a description of "Bird's Egg Green". Listing a team's colors using these goofy descriptions can be kinda funny.

As before, I only have Pantone Textile sets for the MLB, NFL and NBA. Still don't have them for the NHL (yet). So, don't guess any hockey teams. Although, someone always does.

We've played this in the past a few times, but any of the current MLB, NFL or NBA teams goes.

Anyone up for a game?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, lets do it to it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Definitely. I'm sure that hearing some of these combos could be quite humorous, and I know a lot of others would feel the same.

In any case...which team uses Bird's Egg Green? Off the top of my head, I would have to think Seahawks, but I bet it's not even close.

In any case...which team uses Bird's Egg Green? Off the top of my head, I would have to think Seahawks, but I bet it's not even close.

No one that I know of...there are over 1900+ Textiles (each for Cotton or for Paper)...I just picked a random one as an example.

OK...here we go:

• Formula One
  • Stretch Limo
  • Saffron
  • Pale Gold

I don't include White, and this could be a team in any league - MLB (AL or NL), NFL or NBA.

I'll give hints as needed, and I'll display the answers once someone guesses correctly.

AZ Cards?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Cavaliers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

You know, I wonder if I should move this game over to my chat room on the SSUR...it might work better, and not clutter up Chris's board.

Why don't we finish this first one, and then I'll see how that might work over on my site.

You know, I wonder if I should move this game over to my chat room on the SSUR...it might work better, and not clutter up Chris's board.

Why don't we finish this first one, and then I'll see how that might work over on my site.

I'm quite fine with this going on here... at least us poor bastards stuck in an office can play along when it's on the board.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Cavaliers?

No to the Cavaliers, but you got the league right...

Golden St. Warriors?

Darn flood control...yes, Chris got it right:

Atlanta Hawks Colors (1996-1997 through present):

Primary Colors:

Formula One - ATLANTA HAWKS RED

Stretch Limo - ATLANTA HAWKS BLACK

Saffron - ATLANTA HAWKS YELLOW

Secondary Colors:

Pale Gold - ATLANTA HAWKS GOLD

Archived