OT: Fun With Pantone Textile Colors

TruColor

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

No to the Sea Devils and Lions, although I should have included NFL Europe teams...I have all of their Pantone Textiles as well...

Here's another hint: the Silver, Mirage Gray and Quarry all basically represent the same basic color...

eagles

YES!!!!

Philadelphia Eagles Colors (2003 through present):

Primary Colors:

Deep Teal - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES MIDNIGHT GREEN

Stretch Limo - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES BLACK

Pewter - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES CHARCOAL

Silver - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SILVER 1

Quarry - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SILVER 2 (used in helmet logo only)

Alternate Colors:

Mirage Gray - PHILADELPHIA EAGLES SILVER 1

Damn, nice work guys. I knew "teal" couldnt be right...

nice game, Pantone.. sorry thats your last one. No one can do the game as well as you.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

hey pantone, how come you don't have those names listed as the colors in your PDFs? You only have Charcoal and "Midnight Green" as the special color nicknames

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

hey pantone, how come you don't have those names listed as the colors in your PDFs? You only have Charcoal and "Midnight Green" as the special color nicknames

Those team color PDFs use the Solid Colors (used for printing), while these colors are a completely different set. They're all stored in the same set of databases though...

Without going into TOO much detail, here's a dialog box I created that allows me to generate reports for individual teams (by season):

FranchiseColorReport_01.jpg

From this dialog box, I can select any number of color sets:

FranchiseColorReport_02.jpg

And, to give you an idea of the complexity of this monster I've created, here's a screen shot of the Eagles color history...the red arrow indicates the Color Description (cross-referenced from my Color Values database):

Franchise Colors Screen Shot (large image)

Archived