Indiana Hoosier Football

oddball

I've seen the complaints about Indiana football looking like Oklahoma, and yes they are similar. I was baffled why Indiana put so much hoopla over changing to crimson and cream and yet not using the cream. So I decided to create a uniform using the cream. The only thing I'm not to keen on is the sock striping, but other than that I'm like 'em. Oh and on the roads, cream outlines the numbers and Indiana. Enjoy and go ahead and throw out your opinions. Oh yeah, I know the tired complaint, "there are no sleeves". On mine there are! If that upsets y'all then what I'm working on, probably will make those who complain about people who put stripes on sleeves curl up in a corner in the fetal position.

Hoosier_Football.jpg

you'd probably be better off picking either cream or white...like silver and gold on the same uniform, usually: pick one or the other, cus not many teams can rock both well. in this case, nobody can wear both cream and white well. either go all out and make the road jersey cream or drop all the cream and just go with white, that's what I'm sayin.

far as the socks, I'd go solid crimson for home, solid cream for away...I like the use of an actual cream, but cream and white together sucks. sorry, but it's the truth. it's like navy and black together.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think this look would depend on how the "cream" color actually looks. I'd just be affraid it would just look like dirty white.

As far as IU's jerseys go, I like what they have now. I like the helmet quite a bit but am open for changes to the uniform. But as I said, I do like their uniform. Sure it looks like Oklahoma, but heck they are in a different conference and lots of uniforms look similar. It says HOOSIERS on it and I don't need much more than that.

Theres some difficulties to some people and some to me but overall its a little bit better than the while/crimson combo.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

As an alum ('89) I can tell you the cream does not work. They tried it when Sam Wyche was coach and it looked horrible. I think most people at this point view "Crimson and Cream" as a poetic way to say Red and White.

What I would love to see is to have the football uniforms model a template based on the longstanding basketball uniforms. Here is what I mean:

Helmet: Red, with two white stripes (like piping on bball jerseys) and white mask.

Logo on side = either IU or INDIANA written in curve like on front of

basketball jerseys.

Jerseys: Red jersey with white numbers (no outline). White sleeve numbers

White Colts stripes (but ones that go all the way under the arms)

Small IU at collar front.

White jersey is the same, but reversed in colors.

Pants: White with two red stripes. Red with two white stripes.

Socks: White with red block stripe at top with white pants. Short white

with no upper section for use with red pants.

I think the curved INDIANA on a helmet would look amazing. I like the current IU logo, but the Oklahoma parallel still seems to obvious.

As much as people don't like black, I think adding black could help this. I remember Indiana during the Randle-El era, and I didn't hear any complaints about a similarity to Oklahoma.

If black is used minimally (as an outline), I think you can still keep the simplistic feel without being called a copy of the Sooners' uniforms.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There were no complaints about the Randle El era's jerseys looking like Oklahoma's because they were ripoffs of the 49ers first and then the Broncos. Different red, for one thing.

I saw the cream-colored jerseys in person in 1983. Today's technology might give you a better shot at the right shade of cream threads. The Wyche cream looked too yellow to me. (The overall effect was as if one had thrown a new yellow shirt into a wash of whites in hot water.) And I think red -- oops, crimson -- pants would have looked better with the cream in '83.

So try replacing the white with cream and see how it looks.

Packers-2.png

I ditched the white completely, and went with cream. I went against the idea originally as it looked too old time, but as I changed the white to cream I liked it. I might ditch the striping completely on the jerseys and socks, or just completely and give it a real old time look. It just might work. The more I play with them, the more I like them.

Hoosier_Football_v2.jpg

Oh man, that black experiment was brutal. I saw IU play live. They didn't look like IU. Considering their best known sports are basketball and soccer, and they wear only red/white (crimson/cream if you prefer), that much black in the design throws off the connection to the rest of the school. Black helmets, the non-overlapping "IU" monogram... it looked like someone making a bad ESPN movie, where they didn't get permission to use the school's official insignias, and they made those up instead.

I do agree with 'Scrim (and others) about choosing cream OR white. Your all-cream set doesn't look bad, but it may be worth lightening just a little bit - your concept comes across very pale yellow on my monitor, moreso than the SF Giants' home jerseys or AZ D'Backs home jerseys.

You're very close to something decent, though... a little tweak, you could have it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived