Someone finally makes a good Dallas throwback

slats7

I hate to rain on your parade but the Cowboys didn't have names on the jerseys back then...

That's moot because the NFL wouldn't have allowed them to wear nameless jerseys against the Skins or Broncos. I was mainly referring to the color of the jerseys.

I hate to rain on your parade but the Cowboys didn't have names on the jerseys back then...

That's moot because the NFL wouldn't have allowed them to wear nameless jerseys against the Skins or Broncos. I was mainly referring to the color of the jerseys.

You are correct about the color. The Cowboys didn't put ANY Navy into their color scheme until 1981.

This made me crazy in regards to calling these 2005 versions "throwbacks"...they are in style, but certainly not accurate.

But Don Meredith nevered played with his name on the jersey...

So it's not a mute point since both throwbacks are wrong.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

But Don Meredith nevered played with his name on the jersey...

Minus "Meredith," they could be mistaken for a Quincy Carter fan, and that would be a tragedy.

Minus "Meredith," they could be mistaken for a Quincy Carter fan, and that would be a tragedy.

If they knew enough to what the hell Carter's number was, they'll know enough that it's not a Carter jersey.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

The guy who makes these is a jerk. They are all humongous sizes (he calls a size 58, XL). Additionally, he originally claimed to have "purchased the collection of an old fan who decided to sell his collection". He seems to have dropped that line. Now that he sees how much money he can make, he just has tons of these made up and most are inaccurate. He usually sticks the NFL 50th anniversary patch on the jerseys.

Archived