Merrimack College

slapshot

I read in today's Boston Herald that Merrimack College introduced an updated logo at its game Saturday against Boston College.

Since replacing the Indian-head/warrior logo, Merrimack had been using a helmeted profile of a Greek or Roman warrior inside a shield (somewhat similar to USC).

I went to the website, but the Flash was acting all screwy, so I have no pics at this time. I'm working on finding pics of the old logo and the new ones, including a few new wordmarks.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Phoenix, huh? Should have guessed with the wordmark treatment.

Not that it's bad, just seemes to have their fingerprints on it.

The hockey figure looks stupid. And awkward.

Odd that the font in the primary logo wasn't changed to match the other wordmarks.

Interesting piece of info about the Merrimack hockey team. I have a friend who attends, and she tells me of this goal the hockey team has each year, which is to pick a girl, and have all the team members sleep with her at some point during the season. You probably get hazed or something if you're one of the few who don't make it to bed with her.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Interesting piece of info about the Merrimack hockey team. I have a friend who attends, and she tells me of this goal the hockey team has each year, which is to pick a girl, and have all the team members sleep with her at some point during the season. You probably get hazed or something if you're one of the few who don't make it to bed with her.

So if the whole Merrimack hockey team comes down with the clap, we know why.

Hopefully she isn't the one picked this year (unless she wants to be the one, I guess). :D:D:D

P.S. Hazing is illegal. I'm certain that no college athletic team or greek letter organization would ever engage in, or condone, such activity. :upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

good way to promote the school's Catholic doctrine :P

newlogomark1.gif

MCMARK.gif

PRIMARY-HOCKEY-MARK%281%29.gif

The press release announcing the unveiling of the new additions to Merrimack's Athletic Department branding package said that the logo featuring the silhouette of a Roman warrior in a shield remains the school's primary athletic mark.

One word: IONA

warrior-new.jpg

I guess this is their Primary logo - I agree, too high schoolish with the hockey logo.

So much potential and they cop out with a shiloete of the warrior.

The Hockey logo has potential, but the face and parts are poorly done.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

PRIMARY-HOCKEY-MARK%281%29.gif

It looks like it's his first time on skates! :D

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived