Flames wheeling and dealing

officeglenn

Looks like the Calgary Flames have shipped C Steven Reinprecht and G Phillipe Sauve to Phoenix for LW Mike Leclerc and G Brian Boucher: TSN.ca

The trade was announced after Calgary's 2-1 shootout loss to Columbus last night.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. Seems like an upgrade for Calgary in goal, but a downgrade at the forward position. But then again, I don't really know much about Leclerc, so I could be wrong.

Solid trade for the Flames, IMO....

Leclerc did get off to a good start for the Coyotes, but he kinda tailed off recently..but he's a decent forward (did pretty well for the Ducks in their run to the Finals in 03)...getting Boucher is a nifty little move as well..gives the Flames a much more serviceable backup to Kippy.

As for what they gave up? Sauve wasn't anything special in goal, IMO. Reinprecht's a hard nosed guy, but I think Leclerc cancels that out...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

HOLY MOLY! *Spaceballs*

I don't know why, but I've always been a fan of Boucher.

His days in Philadelphia were great, and he even lead the team to the conference finals one year.

He really never got back on track after being traded to Phoenix, with the exception of his five game shutout streak.

Agree with everything HCE had said about the trade. Sauve aint anything special so easily I say the Flames got the better of the trade.

I dont know much about Sauve, but I am a VERY close follower of the Coyotes and I got to disagree with you all. Boucher has been TERRIBLE this year. He looks nothing like the 5 game shut-out guy we used to know. Who knows, he might do great in Calgary, but I hope Sauve can actually give us a better back-up for CuJo then Boucher. I am also excited to Reinprecht come into the line-up after the loss of Nedved (although he was doing absolutely NOTHING for us). But I am also sad to see Leclerc go.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived