Keyshawn johnson

Sterling84

Anyone catch this joker on MNF last week not only losing but doggin Marvin Harrison?  (In my opinion the most best receiver to play the position since the Sterling one)?

Leave your Moss and T.O. stuff out of this thread for just a minute.  Those two are without a doubt THE two most physically dominant talents playing the game...but both no half as much about route running and both have proven to be not team oriented.

ANyway, regardless of who is the best....is Keyshawn not easily the biggest loser ever?  First overall pick and he hasn't done squat.  He's talking MN about the game being a matchup of the two best receivers and he's like third best on his own team!  DIdn't he go like a year and a half without a TD?  But don't let that stop you Keyshawn...you just keep talking loudly and you'll be famous regardless.  What an idiot.  I've never seen him make a memorable catch, never seen him run over anyone, fake out anyone....anything.  He's had maybe the most unremarkable career of anyone in recent memory except for what he says.

I just don't know where this POS gets his delusions from.  I mean, lost of #1s turn out busts.  But none linger in the limelight so long.  If you ask him, I'm sure he'd tell you he's a superstar...but I think he's the only one.  Even fellow players have to talk about him behind his back.  Where does he go in fantasy now-a-days......like mid-tenth-freakin-round?!  If that? Dont get me wrong...there are a lot of tremendous players in Tampa...players who've earned what they've achieved with years more than ordinary  sucking.  But Sapp and Key are like bookend alarm clocks who drown out all the players and coaches you'd love to feel good for.  If Sapp moves on next year......and Keyshawn retires to sell used cars, I wouldnt mind half as much when they kick Green Bays butt all the time.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I'm not doggin' the BUCs, but KJ is overrated - more mouth than production.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

meshawn's not the top wideout on the buccos, but he's far from most overrated player ever. witness one man, whom i shall call #88. i cannot post my thoughts of him cus they defy words. #88...rather #88's mommy and daddy refused to play for a certain team in Canada, and so he forced a trade to some town with a cracked bell for, among others, a Swede who is now the best player in the league. later on, #88 whined and moaned his way out of the city with the cracked bell, forcing yet another trade, this time to a vast city full of skyscrapers and overpaid teams, only to finish near the bottom time after time. okay this is sounding like a hokey 'life lesson' story, so my vote will eternally go to Eric 'i suck too bad to have a good nickname' Lindros.  i think the only player i hate as much or more is alexandre daigle...oops, er, bagel :P  the reason alexei yashin is on long island instead of ottawa today.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

as a bucs fan i have to back keyshawn up....i will say he IS overrated, but not the most overrated ever, nor the biggest bust ever ( anyone remember Ryan Leaf? ) and saying that he has no memorable catches or moves is saying a little too much. the most memorable catch i remember keyshawn making as a buc was i think the 2001 season against the lions with 10 seconds to go to win the game, he literally took the ball from right in front of the defender, (hers a pic part one part 2 ) and if you feel that strongly about him being bad, so be it. average of 80 catches per season, 3 pro bowls, and a super bowl ring is barely a bust to me, but that might be my buccaneer love coming out :;): and just for the record, keyshawn should shut his mouth

Keyshawn is the person most consistently voted overrated player of all time thats for sure!!

i dunno, like i said my ballot has Erica Lindros and Alexandre Bagel :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm not dissing the guy, I'm just saying whenever this whole overrated thing comes up someone seems to mention Keyshawn. Which makes me think who rates him high enough to make him overrated?? I think he is one of those guys who showboats and mouths off every now and again, so he is more visible than a player of his standards deserves to be, but that isn't to say he isn't a good player.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think he was overrated until he came to the Bucs.  He produced as a Jet, and I remember him always having some sort of nice catch on Sportscenter every Monday Morning.  In fact, I remember one up the middle, throw behind him, and pulled in with one hand.  But yeah, he doesn't have the physical advantage in any regard.  He's slow, for a "great" WR, that is.  But his numbers at USC did speak for themselves.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived