Notre Dame Basketball

jdukie

Uhh, cause he is the head coach. :wacko:

the title "Head Coach" doesn't usually imply knowledge of marketing, branding, fashion, color forcasting, etc. and certainly shouldn't give any the power over the team's look. I don't think coaches of anything usually get to pick the colors for their team on some whim. If the head coach of the Detroit Red Wings wants blue jerseys, guess what.... he's not getting them. If the head coach of Harvard football wants pink helmets, guess what.... he's not getting them.

• 2 months later...
Tradition-laden Irish???

The basketball team has worn these colors over the past 40 years:

White

Canary Yellow

Old Gold

Navy

Forest Green

Lime Green

Black

That's almost as bad as the Chicago White Sox or Manchester United.

Does anyone have a picture of Notre Dame in lime green?

If you have a StarPics basketball set from 1992 or 1993, yes. They shot the Notre Dame-Syracuse game.

• 2 years later...
Tradition-laden Irish???

The basketball team has worn these colors over the past 40 years:

White

Canary Yellow

Old Gold

Navy

Forest Green

Lime Green

Black

That's almost as bad as the Chicago White Sox or Manchester United.

Does anyone have a picture of Notre Dame in lime green?

If you have a StarPics basketball set from 1992 or 1993, yes. They shot the Notre Dame-Syracuse game.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s%3DI%26otn%3D2

Someone can correct me...but I thought Notre Dame's official colors are Green and Gold. Navy is just a color brought in by the football team.

Actually, you have it the other way around. Blue and gold are the official colors, while green (and black apparently) has been brought in to symbolize the Irish.

http://und.cstv.com/trads/nd-m-fb-goldandblue.html

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

this is an abomination to Touchdown Jesus...here's to this jersey going the way of the UCLA black uniform :cursing:

UCLA Basketball wore jerseys similar to the Nuggets recent alternates, using Navy Blue (primary color), royal blue and yellow in '00, '01 or '02 at the LA Sports Arena. I failed miserably wasting 25 minutes looking for that photo. UCLA did not wear black

this is an abomination to Touchdown Jesus...here's to this jersey going the way of the UCLA black uniform :cursing:

UCLA Basketball wore jerseys similar to the Nuggets recent alternates, using Navy Blue (primary color), royal blue and yellow in '00, '01 or '02 at the LA Sports Arena. I failed miserably wasting 25 minutes looking for that photo. UCLA did not wear black

Here are the uniforms you're talking about.

650659.jpg650662.jpg

Here are the uniforms you're talking about.

650659.jpg650662.jpg

ahh, thanx... those looked great, I thought they wore it more than once

Archived