Sports fanatic and friend passes away

shadesofblack

Hey, i know i havent been here longidk if this is right to do but im gonna do it...

Yesterday, a senior at my school , Athanasios (Thanasi) Fillipou, passed away suddenly during basball conditioning. He was just streching when he just fell over. the coaches and trainers tried to revive him using CPR and the ambulance came quickly but he was pronounced dead at the hospital. today was a somber day at school and it was amazing how close the school came together. why do i put this in the sports forum u may ask? well he was the biggest sports fan i know. he was gung-ho on all sports, football baseball, basketball soccer u name it....he was a THE BIGGEST steelers and red sox fans. its just so sad and hard to know that he's gone. he was the nicest guy you could ever meet. never had an enemy and was always making everyone laugh. its tough knowing that just the other day i saw him walking out of school for the last time. the last words i said to him was "you were great" when we taped him for our school show. i hope that one day i may be lucky to see him in heaven. its creepy, for lack of a better word, that the steelers won the superbowl now just a few weeks ago, and now this. he was a great person and i thought that this would be my way of honoring him and the life he led. im truely blessed to have known him. he was truly one of a kind. i thank anyone from the bottom of my heart for whoever reads this.

Kristyen (shadesofblack)

RIP Thanasi..."Big Ben!"

Damn. Always sucks to lose such a great Steelers fan and friend.

Look at it this way, at least he saw the Steelers get one for the thumb.

Thanasi, this is for you... terribletowel.gif

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Archived