NHL uniform Changes 06-07

Colinium

Well, I think "crybaby whiners" is a bit harsh, but there's some truth to the fact that, like with just about everything, we tend to take EVERYTHING personally here in Buffalo. Every minutia even remotely dealing with the Bills or Sabres is mulled over and hashed over for hours and hours on end... on WGR, on sites like the Buffalo Range, and in the every-other-block bars. People here feel PERSONALLY invested in the teams, for good and for ill. And sometimes it drives us to near INSANITY constantly mulling over things like that.

Which, I think, is how we went from "boy, those new unis are butt fugly, ain't they?" to "OH the HUMANITY! If they don't change those back to the old uniforms I'll slit my wrists!" Because we've been talking about it for eleven frickin years.

So, while I do count myself among those eagerly looking forward to seeing what they can do if/when they change away from the current logo/colors... I think it's hard to lump everyone who feels that way in to the crybaby/whiner catagory.

Then again, maybe I'm taking something innocuous as a personal attack... I mean I AM from Buffalo, after all. ;)

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep your eyes peeled...the Sabres have announced a free-to-the-public draft party on Saturday the 24th to watch the draft.  I believe when they last changed unis they did something like this, no?

No.

The switch to the current duds was announced late in the '95-'96 season, and the jerseys were shown in a pre-game ceremony before one of the Sabres' last home games that season.

Nope. It was an open practice, free to the public. There was no game.

I was there.

Yeah, I remember that day well. They came out on the ice to Motorhead by Bush. On a side note, the Sabres are having a draft party at HSBC Arena on the day of the draft. New logos & unis?

There will be nothing for the draft. Look to September/training camp for news/unveiling. The new jerseys are being manufactured over the summer.

does this mean over the summer that maybe...somehow....the new unis or at least a logo may be leaked out to the public???

sabres1-med.gifbills2-med.gifyankees3-med.gifohiost-med.gifusa-med.gif

I like the old buffalo sabres look, then again I love the color blue.

I see your point tho, like how people here LOVE the standing red buffal, from the bill's, I don't get it as I love the current Bill's logo (sadly cant say the same for the jerseys).

Sorry to sound like a newbie but since I am that. I gotta know? Is there any truth to the rumors of Washington switching back to the red, white & blue?

The red white and blue color scheme will be revived for the 2006-07 NHL season as new uniforms will be unveiled this summer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Capitals

Wikipedia isnt that trust worthy for this stuff...ANYONE can put info like that in it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Sorry to sound like a newbie but since I am that. I gotta know? Is there any truth to the rumors of Washington switching back to the red, white & blue?

The red white and blue color scheme will be revived for the 2006-07 NHL season as new uniforms will be unveiled this summer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Capitals

Wikipedia isnt that trust worthy for this stuff...ANYONE can put info like that in it.

They could even put in stuff about...

(Oh I better not go there...)

But yes--an excellent point.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So, while I do count myself among those eagerly looking forward to seeing what they can do if/when they change away from the current logo/colors... I think it's hard to lump everyone who feels that way in to the crybaby/whiner catagory.

I'm not. I forgot to throw "selfish" in there though. (It's really a disgrace being a Buffaloian because of that and in the many other facets besides sports)

I'm anxious too.

P.S. How did Islanders fans get rid of the Gorton's fisherman so fast?

Archived