NHL uniform Changes 06-07

Colinium

I found this somewhere, not sure who did this or where it was from i just remember saving it because it looked awesome (also a fan of the sabres).

SabersAlt.jpg

It would be awesome if they went with this, if the Capitals go with red/black/silver, that would be absolutely retarded. Even with Red/blue/white, its mostly the Rangers and Hab's colours, they should OWN that, any other team would look pathetic by comparison.

arrrgh i've been so excited about all this talk about the returnof the blue and gold. i just assumed (like most people im sure) it meant the return of the old style logo. dont tell me its the goat head in different colors :wacko:

I made that, because somebody said they might just change the colors of the logo.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did a little research, and apparently this whole thing is like

"When the month of October dawns, an elite group of men stride on bladed foot to pursue the ultimate goal: Lord Stanley's Cup. None shalt stand in their way as they relentlessly push through the snow, wind, and cold, to take on the opposition. THIS. IS. BLUELAND."

....I don't get it. What is Blueland? Evidently a cross between an NFL Films piece and the lyrics to "No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin. Ridiculous pretentious crap, especially since Atlanta is a city that I think of as being really really green, the bird itself isn't blue, and the only blue in the other two uniforms is like one little streak.

My research also mentioned that the "Blueland" promotional ice cream makes you crap blue for a week. Delightful.

Kind of like Red Sox Nation.

As an Atlanta area resident and Thrashers fan, I loved the Blueland campaign and love the light blue jerseys. Since the Nordiques are gone, no other team is using anything similar and it would be a great change. The fans here have embraced the blue jerseys, so why not make it the push?

The Blueland campaign is more centered around getting those of us around here to come to Philips Arena for the games, rather than being a slogan for national recognition. That's why you don't really see it on the rink or the boards.

Doug

I'm not against the Thrashers using the pale blue as a jersey color, but the reason I hate those jerseys is because they focus all the design elements one only one sleeve and leave the other sleeve empty. It's almost like having a huge deformed arm.

The Panthers red jersey is their only good jersey period. Why they brought up the lazy blue jersey is beyond me.

The Sharks inaugural set was great, though their current set is better. Still, it'd be great for the vintage line.

The Sabres blue and gold set was okay, but they're current set is fantastic.

The Canucks current jerseys are the best they've ever had. The hot-dog set from the 80's and 90's was okay, even if the logo was confusing as hell if you never figured it out. The blue and green set from the 70's is way too simple, though harmless. They should have brought back the set with the split stripes and the white V over the stripes.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Great! All hockey fans will hate it and all non-hockey fans will continue to laugh at the NHL. Thanks, Commissioner Stupidhead!

Exactly! Hockey jerseys are great as they are. Why mess with them.

Me thinks this experiment will be like New Coke. Any of you old enough to remeber that fiasco?

yep, that was some :censored:ed up :censored:.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

From what I hear, the Sabres WILL be returning to blue and gold for next season, and the logo will be a new one, albeit a play on a classic.

And those Ducks should be going with the script logo for their main.

From what I hear, the Sabres WILL be returning to blue and gold for next season, and the logo will be a new one, albeit a play on a classic.

Where did you hear this any link?

Hi, how are you?

Where did you hear this any link?

Theres a link in some thread somewhere back on this board. Its confirmed that they are getting a blue/yellow set with a new logo, but its now unclear if we will see it next season or only with the new reebok jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think that jerseys are going to change every year from now on. It's just so that they can sell the new ones every year to the people that already have like 5 or 6 in their closet. $$$ money.

I hope that the home team wears white next year. I always get it mixed up now that they switch that one all the time.

I'm not against the Thrashers using the pale blue as a jersey color, but the reason I hate those jerseys is because they focus all the design elements one only one sleeve and leave the other sleeve empty. It's almost like having a huge deformed arm.

The Panthers red jersey is their only good jersey period. Why they brought up the lazy blue jersey is beyond me.

The Sharks inaugural set was great, though their current set is better. Still, it'd be great for the vintage line.

The Canucks current jerseys are the best they've ever had. The hot-dog set from the 80's and 90's was okay, even if the logo was confusing as hell if you never figured it out. The blue and green set from the 70's is way too simple, though harmless. They should have brought back the set with the split stripes and the white V over the stripes.

This man's a genius

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I seriously don't think Anaheim is going to use that script logo as the primary. That would be one of the most pointless makeovers ever. If they were to change the team emblem, they would put some more creativity into the logo.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I seriously don't think Anaheim is going to use that script logo as the primary. That would be one of the most pointless makeovers ever. If they were to change the team emblem, they would put some more creativity into the logo.

You misunderstood me. Not their current script logo on the alternate black jerseys. The one that's been posted wiht the web-foot "D".

• 2 weeks later...

The whale is only there because of the company name being Orca Bay. I don't like the native design of it, the vintage jersies sell more than the current jersies.

All the canucks jseries i own are the vintage ones, the orange jersey with the V, the blue and white 70's ones, the black road jersies from 1994, the yellow version of those ones.

The Canucks new colours are too Colorado Avalanche-ish, i would rather go back to our old colour scheme or the black/yellow-orange/red scheme.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The Canucks current jerseys are the best they've ever had.  The hot-dog set from the 80's and 90's was okay, even if the logo was confusing as hell if you never figured it out.  The blue and green set from the 70's is way too simple, though harmless.  They should have brought back the set with the split stripes and the white V over the stripes.

The whale is only there because of the company name being Orca Bay. I don't like the native design of it, the vintage jersies sell more than the current jersies.

The fact that they happen to have a logo that's connected to the ownership makes no difference to me when it's excellently designed. Hell the Pittsburgh Steelers logo is just the old actual U.S. Steel Corporation logo only with "Steelers" written in the circle.
The Canucks new colours are too Colorado Avalanche-ish, i would rather go back to our old colour scheme or the black/yellow-orange/red scheme.
I'll give you that, but Vancouver pulls off that color scheme a LOT better than Colorado does.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

does anybody think the current NHL line, especially CCM/KOHO replica jerseys, will be on sale in the coming months? Considering the influx of young players, I think this owuld be the perfect time to acquire some new team wear.

Juventus.png

Just some news out of western New York - Laux Sporting Goods in Lockport, NY just recieved a shipment of blue and gold Sabres T-shirts, made by Reebok. A Laux employee was asked about these new shirts, and said that Laux was not allowed to order any of the black and red merchandise anymore.

^ I summarized this information from a thread on the Sabres forums. Link:

http://www.sabres.com/forums/messageview.c...2&enterthread=y

Just some news out of western New York - Laux Sporting Goods in Lockport, NY just recieved a shipment of blue and gold Sabres T-shirts, made by Reebok. A Laux employee was asked about these new shirts, and said that Laux was not allowed to order any of the black and red merchandise anymore.

^ I summarized this information from a thread on the Sabres forums. Link:

http://www.sabres.com/forums/messageview.c...2&enterthread=y

I think I have the shirt he's talking about. I was in Buffalo over Memorial Day weekend and stopped by Laux. Half the selection was blue & yellow. I picked up a dark blue t-shirt with the old logo on it, a gray t-shirt with the old logo and Buffalo in script, and a yellow hat with the old blue logo.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived