NHL uniform Changes 06-07

Colinium

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats this stuff I hear about the Bruins changing their logo? :blink:

When RBK released the catalog for 2006-07 it was expected the NHL would switch to the newer form fitting uniforms. Some teams in the catalog were listed as getting a new logo, Boston being one of those along with Anaheim, Buffalo, and Washington. When the NHL pushed back the plans for a new uniforms so they could be redesigned it became unclear if some of those teams would still change logos. Anaheim and Buffalo had already announced to their fans that the uniforms were going to change thus they are continuing with those plans. It looks like Washington and Boston will delay their plans until the new style of uniform comes out.

Keep your eyes peeled...the Sabres have announced a free-to-the-public draft party on Saturday the 24th to watch the draft.  I believe when they last changed unis they did something like this, no?

No.

The switch to the current duds was announced late in the '95-'96 season, and the jerseys were shown in a pre-game ceremony before one of the Sabres' last home games that season.

Nope. It was an open practice, free to the public. There was no game.

I was there.

Yeah, I remember that day well. They came out on the ice to Motorhead by Bush. On a side note, the Sabres are having a draft party at HSBC Arena on the day of the draft. New logos & unis?

There will be nothing for the draft. Look to September/training camp for news/unveiling. The new jerseys are being manufactured over the summer.

Ok, I've stayed quiet on this topic long enough. WHY, please tell me WHY all the Buffalo fans are OBSESSED with the old logo/uniforms?! For the love of god.....

Colors? Fine, I can deal with it. But the outdated Buffalo with cheesy looking swords is just awful.

SigReflect.png

Ok, I've stayed quiet on this topic long enough. WHY, please tell me WHY all the Buffalo fans are OBSESSED with the old logo/uniforms?! For the love of god.....

Colors? Fine, I can deal with it. But the outdated Buffalo with cheesy looking swords is just awful.

Maybe because it actually has to do with the name of the team. When there is a change for the worse people usually want the old stuff back even though the old stuff might have needed an upgrade just not what the team went with. That's because it is what they know where they are not sure what something else new would look like.

There will be nothing for the draft. Look to September/training camp for news/unveiling. The new jerseys are being manufactured over the summer.

That's one way to boost new jersey sales. Cap off a remarkable playoff run with the release of merchandise right before the season starts, leaving a large gap in time in between. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

That's one way to boost new jersey sales. Cap off a remarkable playoff run with the release of merchandise right before the season starts, leaving a large gap in time in between. <_<

I'm with you on that one. It makes NO SENSE to wait so long to launch a new identity when the summer could be spent promoting and selling the new look. The Ducks are doing it the right way...the Sabres...well...lets hope they have something that will make us drool...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The old buffalo unis were classic. Definately looking forward to them returning. I'd like to see an update but nothing too wild. No Vegas gold and no more vertical stripes on acid thank you. Let the non hockey markets experiment with fashion. Buffalo can look like a hockey team again.

As for the Bruins possibly changing their logo, I'm not at all impressed. The Bruins have had that logo since the late forties. If the NHL actually allows Reebok to :cursing: with Boston's identity for the sake of a new jersey and to make a few fast bucks they don't deserve any respect and they certainly don't deserve our patronage.

Honestly, why has there not been a formal Reebok boycot yet? Anyone living in Canada should be ashamed of what they did to team Canada. It's just not right to :cursing: with national teams AND the original six.

DEATH TO REEBOK

beat-dead-horse.gif

Probably the same reasons that people are obsessed with the Brooklyn Dodgers ( 42 years after they left Brooklyn, roughly 15,330 days and 10 US Presidents) and the Hartford Whalers.

beat-dead-horse.gif

Probably the same reasons that people are obsessed with the Brooklyn Dodgers ( 42 years after they left Brooklyn, roughly 15,330 days and 10 US Presidents) and the Hartford Whalers.

Bring Back The Whale!!

I'm with you on that one. It makes NO SENSE to wait so long to launch a new identity when the summer could be spent promoting and selling the new look. The Ducks are doing it the right way...the Sabres...well...lets hope they have something that will make us drool...

I don't know the details, but I'd assume they're planning on doing it at an open practice, much like last time. Training camp is when all the players will be back.

As someone who lives in the Buffalo area, it does make sense. Once football season starts, it's all Bills. The Sabres have a hard time gaining attention early in the year, and attendance suffers. If something big like this can get people talking about the Sabres when the season starts, it will help them more.

I don't know the details, but I'd assume they're planning on doing it at an open practice, much like last time. Training camp is when all the players will be back.

As someone who lives in the Buffalo area, it does make sense. Once football season starts, it's all Bills. The Sabres have a hard time gaining attention early in the year, and attendance suffers. If something big like this can get people talking about the Sabres when the season starts, it will help them more.

Why not debut it at the draft when the only thing going on in Buffalo sports-wise is the Bisons? The Sabres would have the stage pretty much all to itself. Do it in September and you're just background noise for the griping about the Bills' 0-3 start.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Why not debut it at the draft when the only thing going on in Buffalo sports-wise is the Bisons? The Sabres would have the stage pretty much all to itself. Do it in September and you're just background noise for the griping about the Bills' 0-3 start.

I'd take issue with that, but that would mean I don't think it'll happen.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

It's not so much about the old unis being great, it's about the new ones being an incredible injustice to the team identity.

The team colors should be blue & gold. The primary logo should be the crossed swords.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

beat-dead-horse.gif

*waits for VitaminD to come and post his favorite smiley*

Sorry for the delay, I was working this weekend...

Meh - pooter beat me to it, and that pretty much sums up what I'd have brought to the mix. Thanks for leaving me an opening, but at this point, another "beating a dead horse" emoticon would be, well... you get the idea. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I've always liked the old logo/uniform, but I also like the current gear (save the third jersey).

In fact, all this talk the past two years or so and the fact they are changing, not to mention all the whining, crybaby fans stuck in the past, has driven me to absolutely hate the old logo and colors now.

Plus it's way too soon to change (11 years) and we've had too much success (in comparison) in the current uniforms.

Oh, and those crybaby whiners I mentioned come up with the most asinine reasons for the original switch and their "need" for it to be reversed somehow.

Archived