Why would ABC do this?

ninersdd

I've actually seen this happen a couple of times this season,once with FOX NFL coverage and my only guess is that either the satellite feed or the production truck working the game made an incorrect switch as if the that market was'nt intended to view it's own game.This makes 3 times now in the past 3 months I've seen this and twice by ABC/ESPN.

98Falcons.png

ABC has flexible scheduling. Originally, the 1-3:30 timeslot on Sunday was Pacers/Sixers or Kings/Wizards. ABC decided to make Pacers/Sixers national and cut Kings/Wizards from the schedule. Expect the Knicks/Sixers game on April 2nd to be cut from ABC's schedule as well.

Unfortunately for Kings and Wizards fans, the start of the game remains the same (1:00 PM), and since no games can be aired on local networks while an ABC telecast is on, the game won't be aired on TV. ABC also cut Celtics/Pacers from the schedule on March 19, but the game was moved to 3:30, so it can still air on local TV.

A bigger question about ABC is why would they dump Mike Tirico for Dan Patrick? Tirico's been fantastic as a studio host for four years for ABC, and now they're going to replace with a guy who, in my opinion, isn't nearly as likable. I can't be the only one who thinks that Dan Patrick has a smug sense of accomplishment written all over his face, can I?

A bigger question about ABC is why would they dump Mike Tirico for Dan Patrick? Tirico's been fantastic as a studio host for four years for ABC, and now they're going to replace with a guy who, in my opinion, isn't nearly as likable. I can't be the only one who thinks that Dan Patrick has a smug sense of accomplishment written all over his face, can I?

Dan Patrick, or Mike Patrick?

ABC has flexible scheduling. Originally, the 1-3:30 timeslot on Sunday was Pacers/Sixers or Kings/Wizards. ABC decided to make Pacers/Sixers national and cut Kings/Wizards from the schedule. Expect the Knicks/Sixers game on April 2nd to be cut from ABC's schedule as well.

I just got the e-mail from the NBA -- Knicks - Sixers on April 2nd has been moved to 6 pm and dropped from ABC's schedule.

Dan Patrick, or Mike Patrick?

Dan. The New York Post reports that he'll be replacing Tirico starting the 19th.

I thought it might be for golf, but ABC doesn't have another tournament until June.

I know Tirico has ESPN basketball duties but I'm thinking they might be pulling him off for an intensive "Getting To Know You" project with Theismann and Kornheiser for MNF.

Once they get to June, ABC will have 6 golf tournaments in 8 weeks. By then you're to August and preseason NFL games.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

An even better question would be, who in the blue hell wants to watch the Kings and the Wizards?

Wizards fans mother :censored: !!!! Arenas is the beast of the East!!!!!!!!!!!

Kings fans too! How bout Arenas vs Bibby, two former Zona stars, were gonna miss that

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

An even better question would be, who in the blue hell wants to watch the Kings and the Wizards?

Kings fans too! How bout Arenas vs Bibby, two former Zona stars, were gonna miss that

That's like, what, all of 6 people?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

That's like, what, all of 6 people?

:blink::blink:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I wouldn't say you're missing it, Bob...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Anyone else watching the game getting a really bad signal? It could just be my god-awful affiliate, but the games today (especially Suns/Mavs) have had been static and faded.

(P.S., Artest had 30 in a 117-107 Kings loss)

I know Tirico has ESPN basketball duties but I'm thinking they might be pulling him off for an intensive "Getting To Know You" project with Theismann and Kornheiser for MNF.

Could have something to do with the draft. I know Wingo usually has that "secondary" setup with Jaws and Hoge, but I'm sure ESPN will have the new MNF crew featured quite a bit for that weekend.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived