Nhl alternates

Chazberg

OK well we've seen almost all of the NHL alternate jerseys new for this year, most of which I really don't like. I think the main problem is that most teams are going for this throwback, classic look, when in fact a lot of them don't even have a history *coughMinnesotaAnaheimcough*. I also HATE the new Calgary home jersey, they went friggin CRAZY with black! I mean, it's ok for the sleeves, but not the damn numbers AND the crest! That black C on the red makes me wanna vomit. AND they used a lace-up collar. The C and the numbers need to be white with black/yellow trim. Anyway, I prefer alternates to be new and original looking, something totally different from the home/away. I love the Dallas alternate, that new logo is really cool, and the Columbus one is awesome too, should be their home jersey. Also, teams need to stop using the damn lace-up collars, it's gottewn outta control. That is a look that should be reserved for the Rangers. Oh, and Phoenix can use it too. But no one else. lol.

Ok, I think we're all aware that the Wild were formed in 2000.

But, given Minnesota's hockey history, do you really expect them to ignore all things linking to that, just because the franchise itself is in its fourth season?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I also HATE the new Calgary home jersey, they went friggin CRAZY with black! I mean, it's ok for the sleeves, but not the damn numbers AND the crest! That black C on the red makes me wanna vomit. AND they used a lace-up collar. The C and the numbers need to be white with black/yellow trim.

It could be worse.  They could have simply added a laceneck to an old Soviet Union Hockey Jersey like the Phoenix Coyotes did...

I agree with the Rangers comment.

I'm most upset about Phoenix and Calgary having the collar, b/c they're using it on their actual home jerseys.  I wouldn't be so miffed if they went consistant and used laces on both home and away, either.

Meh.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I mainly hate lace-up collars on jerseys that don't have that retro tip to them. Colorado, Anaheim, and Minnesota's thirds all call for them, but a team like Edmonton with a collar from the 1950s and logos from the 2150s contradicts itself. A regular V or Y neck would have worked well with that jersey and most other jerseys that have a lace-up.

And I agree with Mockba.... teams like Colorado and especially Minnesota have pretty rich hockey tradition and there's no reason in my mind that the teams from those regions can't celebrate that history. In terms of Anaheim, I can see were they're going from a identity stand point. I think they're trying to outgrow the kiddie-cartoon image as their young charter fans grow up. It's the same thing as Christina Aguilara and Britney Spears. As the teeny boppers who made them popular age, they need to adapt their identity to remain in their favor. While I don't like the asethetics of the jersey, it could be a decent marketing move.

Not to mention that the retro look is really popular right now, and let's be honest: third jerseys are alternatives designed to cater to the market.

It could be worse.  They could have simply added a laceneck to an old Soviet Union Hockey Jersey like the Phoenix Coyotes did...

What's wrong with that? Those were the best unis in the history of hockey.

And lace-ups will be gone very soon, like all stupid off-the-wall fashion trends.

Ok, I think we're all aware that the Wild were formed in 2000.

But, given Minnesota's hockey history, do you really expect them to ignore all things linking to that, just because the franchise itself is in its fourth season?

Yea for Mockba! You saved me a lot of typing.

Yes, the Wild haven't been around since 1927, but damnit, some dickhead moved our team to Dallas for no good reason otherwise we'd be past our 35th anniversary season by now.

Some days I swear half the people on this board were born after the North Stars moved.  :angry:

Actually, I've been expecting this comment more often about the Wild 3rds and am pleased it hasn't happened sooner and more frequently.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It could be worse. They could have simply added a laceneck to an old Soviet Union Hockey Jersey like the Phoenix Coyotes did...

And lace-ups will be gone very soon, like all stupid off-the-wall fashion trends.

What's wrong with that?  I'll go with "Designs without a lick of originality for 1000," Alex.

It could be worse. They could have simply added a laceneck to an old Soviet Union Hockey Jersey like the Phoenix Coyotes did...

What's wrong with that? I'll go with "Designs without a lick of originality for 1000," Alex.

And I'll take designs that don't match their respective logos for $100. Whoa! It's today's daily double!

• LMU locked this topic

Archived