CCSLC Member Sigs

Nick 1733

• 2 weeks later...
For some here, they've earned it. There are others who have a major amount of posts but all they do is post in every thread so they can to boost their post count. It's all a matter of opinion and some here have earned the number they are at and some have not. The real way to figure that out is to look at one's PPD average.

"Earned" what???

its more about quality over quantity, some people have a crap load of posts that are pointless, while others have earned it with quality and insightful posts.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah and for the record, "quality" posts is a pretty loose term. You really have to post a bunch of mindless crap to be considered a post-slut.

For example, I've been here a while and I have less than 800 posts. While it might look like that just means I haven't posted useless crap, even I will admit that isn't the case. I've never posted just to up my count but I'll admit I stuck my opinions in some threads where it wasn't wanted or I have said some stuff in the past that was pretty rude or immature, ignorant, whatever. Basically not all of my posts have been quality so it's just a little proof that you can't look at the "join" date and the post count and determine the character of someone's posts.

As for those usebars, there are a few tutorials on userbars.com that might help some people who aren't familiar make their own to their own liking. what I like is that it allows people to let others know what they like or don't like without taking up half a page with their signature.

I think it would be cool to have a CCSLC userbar for regular members but I also like the idea of having to reach a certain level to attain one too. If that were the case, and using post counts as criteria sounds lame, what could be used to determine someone has "earned" the right to use one? I don't know. anyways...just thinking out loud...or whatever you'd call it on a message board.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Archived