Uic flames by phoenix new site

jefrsn

That's pretty lousy. Much too complicated a mark. Their old logo was actually pretty decent. This is the best copy I could find on google, though:

ILLCHI_logo.gif

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hey, I've got no problem with the Chicago schools looking bad, but then most of you already knew that, right? :P

They took a decent nickname with ties to Chicago history (they're named after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 for those of you who didn't know), and they go and screw it up by adding a fire-breathing dragon.  The old logo got the point across and was simple enough to be considered a logo, this new one is way too literal to me...

QPR%20Sig.png

i didn't see anything wrong with the old logo, i see tons wrong with this one (namely the UAB dragon's cousin over there and the Vic Flames instead of the UIC Flames)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Actually Moser, the old logo - featuring, as it did, a flame - was the mark that could be described as "literal". I mean, it LITERALLY was a flame... for a team called the FLAMES. :D

Brian in Boston

I'll give you that it was more literal representation, but the logo itself was a bit more abstract than this new stuff they've got.  Oh well, as long as UWM keeps kicking their asses in basketball, it won't matter what they wear ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

The "Flames" nickname is actually fairly recent.  Of course, the school's only been around since the 60's (my dad was in one of the first graduating classes), and it was known as the University Of Illinois At Chicago Circle for a long time.

And their nickname?

Circle.

I'd love to see what Phoenix would've cooked up for THAT.

Archived