Milwaukee Cerveceros

Nilbog57

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the idea is okay but would you ever see Latin American teams or Japanese teams wear uniforms in English for a day? No. I honestly believe that not in our lifetime, but in the future, Spanish will be the primary language in the United States. You'd think if any team had Spanish uniforms it'd be the Marlins.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I guess the idea is okay but would you ever see Latin American teams or Japanese teams wear uniforms in English for a day? No. I honestly believe that not in our lifetime, but in the future, Spanish will be the primary language in the United States. You'd think if any team had Spanish uniforms it'd be the Marlins.

You're right, you'd never see Japanese teams wear uniforms in English for a day... because they do all the time! As far as Spanish being the primary language in the United States... ya ever hear of a language called English? It's being used world-wide. Try it. *LOL* That's why the three languages you hear during the Olympics is the native language, French (the Olympic language), and ENGLISH!!!*LOL* I'm having fun with you, so don't take it personal. I just don't see Spanish as becoming a primary language ever.

OK ive never been to milwaukee ever or anywhere near the state of wisconsin, but is there a large enough spanish population up there to have a reason for having a hispanic heritage day?

Yes, Milwaukee has a sizable Hispanic population, mostly on the south side.

QPR%20Sig.png

I guess the idea is okay but would you ever see Latin American teams or Japanese teams wear uniforms in English for a day?  No.

Yes.

Japanese teams' uniforms have English characters on them. If it isn't all the teams, it's the vast majority of them. And it's their regular uniforms in their homeland, no special anglophone celebration day.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Looks like the Giants started a trend ^_^

That Cerveceros jersey looks great, almost as good as the Gigantes jerseys.

and in regards to spanish being the primary language in the US? Probably not. However, since sizeable states such as California, Texas, and Florida are allready essentially billingual states, the US should in the near future be considered a billingual nation.

OK ive never been to milwaukee ever or anywhere near the state of wisconsin, but is there a large enough spanish population up there to have a reason for having a hispanic heritage day?

I was wondering the same thing...

Races in Milwaukee:

* White Non-Hispanic (45.4%)

* Black (37.3%)

* Hispanic (12.0%)

* Other race (6.1%)

* Two or more races (2.7%)

* Other Asian (1.9%)

* American Indian (1.5%)

(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)

12% is more than I thought (never been there, though).

How bout instead of retiring Clemente's number league wide all the teams just wear spanish language jerseys for a weekend.

So what do the Padres do, seeing as how they wear a spanish language jersey for every home game.

Shirts vs Skins?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

you know the protests about tougher immigration laws? one such protest happened in Milwaukee. that should tell ya somethin.

hell, here in Racine there's a lot of hispanics. esta una mercado pequeno about two blocks from my house, and a block away from that is a pretty good Mexican restaurant.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived