New EKU Identity

jefrsn

Welcome back to the boards, O'Bricknivy Grady.  Your last batch of ranting did not go over too well here, and now you're back badmouthing your competitors once again.  Surprise, surprise.

We all know that no one's work could possibly compare to the stellar identities coming out of Game Plan.  Like the Charlotte Bobcats, a true favorite amongst the Creamer Community.

Perhaps we should compare the new EKU mark to some recent Game Plan work.  Like, uh, well... what recent Game Plan work?  Perhaps that incomparable Rays identity on your site?  The one they're not using?  Oh my goodness, indeed.

At least the Silverman Group can seal the deal!

Art Guy fight! Art Guy fight!

This ought to be better than the Tanya Harding/Paula Jones Celebrity Boxing match!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Original or Crispy?

Its not funny.

As far as the logo is concerned, I like it except for the shade of bluish silver they chose. I would have went for a different silver or even a gold.

Conesbeans-

Identify yourself and we can discuss the merits of the Silverman group work and sure the Gameplan Creative work. I might even give you a preview of the Washngton Redskins redesign if you conduct yourself in a professional manner.

Otherwise, you should respect anyone's ability to render an opinion.

[edit: another spamming attempt]

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

I didn't really say anything to be replied to, unless you wanna debate the color scheme.

So whats this about a Washington Redskins redesign that none of us know about and how you probably would have had a confidentiality agreement that you just blew out of the water?

Not being an :censored:, I'm honestly curious on this one.

Is that a threat or a promise? You were not on the SBS of A invitation list, don't worry about it.

It's neither a threat or a promise, it's a hint that you should take into conisderation that nobody here wants you plugging your personal business. This board is for the enjoyment of sport and other related items, not stuff like your plop filling up almost every thread.

We've worked with Robert Johnson from BET on the Bobcats, Jon Bon Jovi and the Soul, Mark Cuban at the Mavs , and Pat Riley at the Heat... why wouldn't Dan Snyder's team work with Gameplan Creative?

Dude, we've worked hard to move the meter with our brand identites. We try and not crack out formula stuff that you see in the Minor Leagues. And when I try and point out--- to get this business more respect and collectively move it to another level, I come to this site, read waht the "designers" think is good work and want to throw up!!!

Of course I cannot tell you anything about it.

Is that a threat or a promise? You were not on the SBS of A invitation list, don't worry about it.

It's neither a threat or a promise, it's a hint that you should take into conisderation that nobody here wants you plugging your personal business. This board is for the enjoyment of sport and other related items, not stuff like your plop filling up almost every thread.

Yes, plus considering the fact that he was trashing the entire CCSLC before his hiatus, it should be noted that he's about as well liked as JamesCraven or Notorious.

And, forgive me if I'm being a bit out of the loop, but what exactly is the benefit of being invited to a glorified livejournal that is being advertised through the spamming of countless numbers of threads? I fail to see the enticement.

VmWIn6B.png

I thought you weren't supposed to reply to me?

The thing is you have no respect for anyone's opinions what so ever. You also have no respect for hard work that people do here. I design differently than you, and to different aesthetic properties that are essential to me in a logo but not to you. You also proceeded to rip me apart with assinine comments about my logos. That is why I don't want you here.

Yeah, you made it. But instead of acting like a jerk, help people out.

We've worked with Robert Johnson from BET on the Bobcats,

We try and not crack out formula stuff that you see in the Minor Leagues.

Thats a surprise because that stuff for the Bobcats screams minor league.

Then why did you spill the beans in the first place?

Dude, we've worked hard to move the meter with our brand identites. We try and not crack out formula stuff that you see in the Minor Leagues. And when I try and point out--- to get this business more respect and collectively move it to another level, I come to this site, read waht the "designers" think is good work and want to throw up!!!

Hmm...this seems to contradict your other philosophy,

When you finally remove your head from your ass, could you come put it up mine? I just had a birthday and I'm due for a colonoscopy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Josh, I'd welcome the chance to dialog on some interesting subjects?

Tom-

how did you get into the business?

What do you charge for primary? secondary? uniform? playing surface? web sites?

What type of proposals do you deliver to your clients?

Do you hire younger designers?

I would LOVE to answer those questions and more for you.

And I only mention Josh becasue he's the only one with the scroti to try and go beyond the bs insult stuff of the slapshot dude or the conehaaeds dude... thanks for have the balls jsh..

But in return show some respect for the accomplishments and if you dislike the Bobcats, cool. I think it sucks becasue... that's perfect...

Now... back to the EKU logo? Do you think work like this is making the sports design profession better? Do you think the toledo Mud Hens is? I don't becasue I don't believe they resemble logos. I believe they are decenlty drawn cartoons and that is not graphic design.

Forget about me. Who cares? Try and distance yourselves from your dislike of me and if you were going to present the EKU logo to a potential client or employer, you wouldn't be somewhat concerned this logo looks like Colonel Sanders?

Thanks for hearing me out.

We've worked with Robert Johnson from BET on the Bobcats, Jon Bon Jovi and the Soul, Mark Cuban at the Mavs , and Pat Riley at the Heat... why wouldn't Dan Snyder's team work with Gameplan Creative?

Ummmm.....I would never run around saying I'm responsible for the assault upon the senses that is the Bobcat's id package.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

JPslapshot-

Hope you like the 2006 MLS All-Star Game / Chicago logo... I'll even send you a thumbnail with my autograph on it...

QUOTE (bricknivy @ Friday, April 21st, 2006 - 23:51:36)

Hmm...this seems to contradict your other philosophy,

QUOTE (mr. yahoo)

When you finally remove your head from your ass, could you come put it up mine? I just had a birthday and I'm due for a colonoscopy.

Archived