LA Dodgers

jgsmith725

I may have a few that like this and alot that dont, but just trying something different to update the dodgers and keep the vintage look. Added 2 alternates, one for home and away, new bp jeresey and changed the colors to a navy blue, cream, maroon (home uni numbers) and carolina blue. Enjoy!! Only used the names on the back of the jerseys for away jerseys.

LASet1.png

UP Close of Jerseys:

LASet1-upclose.png

Current Unis!

appsiggold.png

very nice, thought the cream doesn't show up amazingly given thesize of the uni's....especially like the contrasting blues on the separate alts......

1 idea, flip round the blues on the cap and hat, i think a dark blue bill would work better, and make it look les like the new mets helmets (monstrosities.....)

make it look les like the new mets helmets (monstrosities.....)

Its not intended to look like the new mets helmet, it just has the bill light blue color and the navy blue shell, its just a standard helmet with supposed to be shadows from lights

appsiggold.png

Well, sorry, you didn't. I'll break it down: you didn't need to do cream instead of white. That's a Giants thing. Don't co-opt their biggest rival. You didn't need to use two-tone blue; that's overdone in one league as it is. Using maroon rather than just red doesn't add anything. Vertical arch doesn't work for the Dodgers. The black trim around the script is pointless. I guess you're trying to make the uniforms look kind of dated, with the cream-colored fabric and the maroon and stuff, but what they're wearing now is what they've been wearing for years, so fabricating a historic uniform is kind of silly. I mean, the Dodgers have one of the simplest, most recognized looks. There's even the phrase "bleed Dodger Blue," and you've taken Dodger Blue completely out of the equation in favor of tired old Utah Jazz/Dallas Mavericks/Memphis Grizzlies blue. I just think it's a big step down.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, sorry, you didn't. I'll break it down: you didn't need to do cream instead of white. That's a Giants thing. Don't co-opt their biggest rival. You didn't need to use two-tone blue; that's overdone in one league as it is. Using maroon rather than just red doesn't add anything. Vertical arch doesn't work for the Dodgers. The black trim around the script is pointless. I guess you're trying to make the uniforms look kind of dated, with the cream-colored fabric and the maroon and stuff, but what they're wearing now is what they've been wearing for years, so fabricating a historic uniform is kind of silly. I mean, the Dodgers have one of the simplest, most recognized looks. There's even the phrase "bleed Dodger Blue," and you've taken Dodger Blue completely out of the equation in favor of tired old Utah Jazz/Dallas Mavericks/Memphis Grizzlies blue. I just think it's a big step down.

there is no black trim around the script in the uniform, why doesnt a vertical arch work for the nameplate? why is this concept considered silly, just b/c i wanted to update a uniform, then all concepts on this board must be silly, that is the point of a concept in updating a uniform, just b/c the giants have cream are they only ones limited to the cream home unis?

Whatever dude! I dont care, its your opinion, i knew some would not like it. oh well

appsiggold.png

From a purely aesthetic point of view, they look really good. At first sight I didn't like the cream unis, but now that I keep looking at them I think it could work. However, I think you need to keep the hat straight-Dodger blue. At least for the home alts.

Don't take TCR's comments as a pot-shot, I agree with him. The Dodgers have such a rich history and because of that it's very difficult to really improve on something. Their uniforms are as recognizeable as the Yankees and the Red Sox, teams that will never change their look.

Great work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I don't have any complaints other than the two shades of blue. Dodger blue isn't to be reckoned with, so a darker shade might be a turn against an entire franchise's history.

Otherwise...great work here. It is a concept, TCR.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

just b/c the giants have cream are they only ones limited to the cream home unis?

There's only one team in the majors with cream uniforms at home, and it's the Dodgers' fiercest rival. It's almost like putting the Red Sox in pinstripes.

Anyway, vertical arch seems like a 70s/80s holdover; one of the only design trends of that time that was actually kinda cool. It seems more suited to uniforms that utilize powder blue rather than cream.

Not all concepts are silly. Many are very good. It's just as much a matter of what you're trying to tackle as it is how you tackle it. As a rule, people are going to be much more favorable to concepts for teams like the Rangers, Mariners, Blue Jays, Devil Rays, Diamondbacks, teams like that. When you go after the classics, you're begging for a tough crowd. Replacing the classic Dodger Blue hat with a navy/Carolina is gonna be a hard sell.

sorry traditionalists, but they need a change, and this would be near perfect.

Good Job

No they don't. They're the freakin' Dodgers. They need a change like a fish needs a bicycle. What's wrong with retaining a classy simple uniform? Even the addition of silver that they use today seems pointless. Yes, you've chosen an aesthetically pleasing array of colors. But the Los Angeles Dodgers should never wear it.

No they don't. They're the freakin' Dodgers. They need a change like a fish needs a bicycle. What's wrong with retaining a classy simple uniform? Even the addition of silver that they use today seems pointless. Yes, you've chosen an aesthetically pleasing array of colors. But the Los Angeles Dodgers should never wear it.

ok we got your point, its just a concept, we know that they may never change, its just a concept to see what they may look good in if they ever decided to change, calm down dude. even though i would like to see them change.

appsiggold.png

Damn some people on these boards really need to just relax, it just a concept, just a idea that he had in mind. There's no need to come up with rules of what he can, and can't do to it just because it 's a team with a certain amount of tradition. This whole don't do this, because this team does it, or don't do that, is ridiculous.

It's his concept so he can design it anyaway he pleases. And by the way I like cream colored look with the blue.

very nice job is right! its like unc meet the West Coast! like the darkening of the blue, and the subtraction of the red! to many teams boast a red white and blue color scheme!

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Little harsh, eh?

Not that I know anything from anything, but I thought the purpose here was to try things out. I agree that LA wears a nice uniform. And it would probably serves no ones best interests to change it. But this guy isn't working for the Dodgers. He's just a guy sitting in front of his PC messin' around with an idea. When he is done, he's nice enough to share it. There is no need to attack him. Lighten up man.

By the way, I really like the darker alternate with the cream. Real old school look, i'm feelin' that. I did something similar with a Red Sox uniform last year (hope that don't get me chewed out)

I agree that this forum is a great place for people to submit their own creative ideas. I've done a couple myself, and appreciate the people who helped me make my ideas better. I applaud jgsmith725 for taking the time to make this concept and post it here. But this is a forum to recieve constructive criticism, and by posting his idea, jgsmith725 opened his idea to the thoughts and opinions of this community. TCR found that this concept didn't tickle his fancy (if you'll allow me that expression) and provided a courteous explanation of why. It's apparent that he is in the minority with this opinion but that doesn't mean that we should get on his case for disagreeing.

Thanks jgsmith725 for submitting your concept it is really good. And I am really digging the vest. But I do think that we all need to be a little more open to the polite criticism that is a necessary part of this forum in everyone's quest to being a better designer.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

as a concept i like these, afterall this is a concept board if someone wants to put together a dodgers uni with electric green and neon yellow, and other assortments of wierd bizzare collections of colors and make a concept out of it and post it, all power to them. i don't think its a big deal to freak out about things, its just a concept. If said concept was unveilled then i can understand the outcry, but since this is simply a concept, i don't see a big deal. I like seeing what teams would look like in other styles that a designer sees fit.

with that said, the cream says too much giants probably not a good thing if your rivals are the Giants, and the two tone blue seems overdone. Black on the script doesn't bother me, i don't regard black as the great satan. I don't mind black as an accent. I like the sleeveless cream jersey, substitute cream for white and you might have a winner.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived