Bonds hits a homer this year.......

Burkell007

Is it just because he's next, or is there more to this than just passing Ruth for second place?
You said "just" Babe. Why not Aaron? It's obvious.

I think it's funny that HedleyLamarr, recently exposed as a racist

Everyone has selective conscience about racism, especially racists like Hedley Lamarr.

I understand this has nothing to do with me, but I can't just let you say this and not have anyone respond to it.

How can you label anyone as a racist? Do you know Lamarr in real life? I honestly don't know where or when he was "exposed" as a racist but if you are referring to his comments in the "Racial Test Question" thread I would suggest you go take a look at his posts again. He never said anything racist. However, he did say something that you disagreed with and then you falsely labeled him a racist due to his comments. Then you went on to insert your feelings on who else you felt was a racist. How about you just chill out and let people believe and think whatever they want? Honestly, even if the person in question was a racist, the way you are acting would cause an increase of negative feelings he/she might have.

You have every right in the world to call anyone you want a racist. That is your right, but please don't pass your views and feelings off as universal facts. It might seem that it wouldn't matter what you put off as a fact, but when you are dealing with a community such as this in where new people are in and out constantly, it is unfair to label unfairly label someone something negative because the less informed people of the board might take your simple feelings and thoughts as facts.

I was always told an old psalm by my mom when I was growing up. It went something like "Before you can point out the speck in someone's eye, first take out the plank in yours". Really think about that before you go around labeling whoever disagrees with your views on race as a "racist"

I don't label people that disagree with me as racist. I label people that espouse racist rhetoric. You and I never agree, but I've never said you were a racist. Tank and I never agree, and I've never said he's a racist either. Actually Hedley's the only person I've called a racist on this board. He's a racist because of what he thinks and posts, not because I called him one.

When it comes to racism, I don't know how to "just chill out and let people believe and think whatever they want." However, I am not telling anyone how to think. You are entitled to your opinion. But I am entitled to my opinion too, even if it conflicts with yours. I can call him a racist. He has the right to disagree. You have the right to disagree. But it's not going to change what I feel. Feel free to defend him all you want. No, I do not know him personally, but neither do you.

Your quip of "Honestly, even if the person in question was a racist, the way you are acting would cause an increase of negative feelings he/she might have" is the real sticking point with me. You're justifying his racism and saying that it's my fault if he gets more vocal? How the :censored: does that make sense? I am more than ready to engage in intelligent debate or discussion, but that statement you made is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

My mom always told me as I was growing up, "If you think someone is racist, you had better confront them. Too many people have died as a result of racism and they didn't die just so you could keep your mouth shut."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its interesting, greg... I was always raised to believe, if you can identify someone as a racist, ignroe them. If they are that stupid and close-minded about one subject, they most certainly are about others, too.

Myself, I have no need for racism. Economism is doing just fine for me in abusing and prejudging people.

And by the way, Bonds is racist, Ruth as was racist, and Aaron is racist. Apparently you have to hate on people not like you to hit lots of HRs. Go figure.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Is it just because he's next, or is there more to this than just passing Ruth for second place?
You said "just" Babe. Why not Aaron? It's obvious.

I think it's funny that HedleyLamarr, recently exposed as a racist

Everyone has selective conscience about racism, especially racists like Hedley Lamarr.

I understand this has nothing to do with me, but I can't just let you say this and not have anyone respond to it.

How can you label anyone as a racist? Do you know Lamarr in real life? I honestly don't know where or when he was "exposed" as a racist but if you are referring to his comments in the "Racial Test Question" thread I would suggest you go take a look at his posts again. He never said anything racist. However, he did say something that you disagreed with and then you falsely labeled him a racist due to his comments. Then you went on to insert your feelings on who else you felt was a racist. How about you just chill out and let people believe and think whatever they want? Honestly, even if the person in question was a racist, the way you are acting would cause an increase of negative feelings he/she might have.

You have every right in the world to call anyone you want a racist. That is your right, but please don't pass your views and feelings off as universal facts. It might seem that it wouldn't matter what you put off as a fact, but when you are dealing with a community such as this in where new people are in and out constantly, it is unfair to label unfairly label someone something negative because the less informed people of the board might take your simple feelings and thoughts as facts.

I was always told an old psalm by my mom when I was growing up. It went something like "Before you can point out the speck in someone's eye, first take out the plank in yours". Really think about that before you go around labeling whoever disagrees with your views on race as a "racist"

I don't label people that disagree with me as racist. I label people that espouse racist rhetoric. You and I never agree, but I've never said you were a racist. Tank and I never agree, and I've never said he's a racist either. Actually Hedley's the only person I've called a racist on this board. He's a racist because of what he thinks and posts, not because I called him one.

When it comes to racism, I don't know how to "just chill out and let people believe and think whatever they want." However, I am not telling anyone how to think. You are entitled to your opinion. But I am entitled to my opinion too, even if it conflicts with yours. I can call him a racist. He has the right to disagree. You have the right to disagree. But it's not going to change what I feel. Feel free to defend him all you want. No, I do not know him personally, but neither do you.

Your quip of "Honestly, even if the person in question was a racist, the way you are acting would cause an increase of negative feelings he/she might have" is the real sticking point with me. You're justifying his racism and saying that it's my fault if he gets more vocal? How the :censored: does that make sense? I am more than ready to engage in intelligent debate or discussion, but that statement you made is one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.

My mom always told me as I was growing up, "If you think someone is racist, you had better confront them. Too many people have died as a result of racism and they didn't die just so you could keep your mouth shut."

Let me first apologize greg. After I posted this and read your response I realized I jumped all over you and that was honestly not my intension. I whole heartedly respect you as a person and being one of the newer guys around here I have looked up to you as one of the well established and well respected members of this board. I apologize for getting on your case and I hope you accept my apology and no longer think I was attacking you.

I understand your feelings toward race and I didn't mean to attack what you believe. You have every right to think what you want about anyone and voice that opinion in any way. I just feel you were labeling someone something they are not. I never claimed to know Lamarr but what I meant to say was that I did not see any racism in his posts on the "Racial Test Question" thread. I don't have any other knowledge about the history behind this and what he might or might not of said in the past. I just felt that based on what I had seen you unfairly labeled him an incredibly negative label.

I will be honest and say that I still feel you bring up race far more than is necessary, but that is my opinion and I am sure I don?t have the background feelings and background history that you do. I honestly wish race was not an issue anymore and I feel that a majority of the reason it is still such a problem is the unwillingness to not let the past effect today and simply turn the other cheek in some situations. I do not think anyone should ever forget about the racism this country (and other countries) have had in the past but I don?t think anyone needs to still pay for that past. There are still many people who need to change and are honestly racist, but I feel that responding to them is only encouraging. This is what I meant by this statement I made: "Honestly, even if the person in question was a racist, the way you are acting would cause an increase of negative feelings he/she might have." I used this kind of reasoning because it is what I have been brought up with and it is what I am forced to deal with often. As a Christian I have to be very careful with my words to non-Christians because I know it is VERY easy to give a person a negative mindset on Christians as a whole. I know that if I tell some people the truth and tell them what I really am thinking and believe it would do much more harm than good. So I am forced to bite my tongue and keep things to myself often. I feel it is the same way in this situation. If someone is deep down an honest racist calling them out and calling them a racist and ignorant is only going to do more harm in the situation.

Again, I apologize and I will attempt to keep to myself in the future.

PopHeading-1.gif

Its interesting, greg... I was always raised to believe, if you can identify someone as a racist, ignroe them. If they are that stupid and close-minded about one subject, they most certainly are about others, too.

Myself, I have no need for racism. Economism is doing just fine for me in abusing and prejudging people.

And by the way, Bonds is racist, Ruth as was racist, and Aaron is racist. Apparently you have to hate on people not like you to hit lots of HRs. Go figure.

How do you know Aaron is a racist I never seen him as a racist, Babe Ruth I also have no info of him being a racist he was not Ty Cobb thats for sure, he was never really around black people groing up and played before Robinson, but I think if they tried to intergate in his era I dont think he would have objected. He seemed like a fun lving jovial guy who didnt really hate anyone.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Thanks for those remarks, Squeaks. We don't have to agree, but I appreciate the civility. It's hard not to bring up race when it's such a huge part of your life. I honestly WISH it wasn't such a big deal. I honestly WISH it wasn't thrown in my face so often. As the black guy, when I bring up race, I'm stirring the pot, I'm making things worse. It's not fair, but it's life. I'll deal and I will actually try to bring it up less. I won't stop bringing it up, but I'll make an effort to not bring it up as much.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ok, now he's tied with Arroyo....  :D

Not anymore he hit a 2-run game tying HR in the bottom of the 9th

to tie the game at 7.

I didn't Arroyo had the clutch-hit in him..... oh you menat Bonds :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Wait, isn't that a performance enhancement. Somebody call George Mitchell immediately!

ok, now he's tied with Arroyo....  :D

Not anymore he hit a 2-run game tying HR in the bottom of the 9th

to tie the game at 7.

Too bad they still found a way to lose the game :lol:

Have the Giants even won a game where Mr. Bighead's gone deep yet this year?

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived