Ricky Williams Suspended For One Year

bosox

Ricky Williams was a loser two years ago, is a loser today and will always be a loser. Is anyone surprised here? Do you honestly expect someone who left the NFL to smoke pot and study "the art of massage" to come back clean, on the straight-and-narrow, with a work ethic and anti-drug ethos to boot?

If you enjoy being let down year-in and year-out, be an Eagles fan or root for Ricky Williams to succeed in Oh Canada.

HOWEVER, if he joins a raggae band I'm first in line for tickets.

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

How many of you guys smoke weed? If you do, you have nothing to say.

Really? So if a sports fan "smokes weed", than they should be all-for pro athletes (who are paid millions of dollars to perform on the field) to do whatever they want off of the field? If a sports fan "smokes weed", than they should also be cool with bus drivers, school teachers, politicians, doctors and lawyers smoking the herb too?

Great argument. Got the munchies?

SB40terribletowel.jpg6220steelers.jpglicense_thum.jpg

How many of you guys smoke weed?  If you do, you have nothing to say.

Really? So if a sports fan "smokes weed", than they should be all-for pro athletes (who are paid millions of dollars to perform on the field) to do whatever they want off of the field? If a sports fan "smokes weed", than they should also be cool with bus drivers, school teachers, politicians, doctors and lawyers smoking the herb too?

Great argument. Got the munchies?

I don't smoke weed, never have. My point is that those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. Don't criticize someone for the exact same behavior you exhibit. Just be glad you don't have to piss in a cup like these players do.

You don't have to be pro-marijuana for all people in all positions, but you should shut the :censored: up when it comes to criticizing others for their marijuana use.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

just a thought I had while reading this: why are we so critical of professional athletes who smoke pot, yet we think so highly, and are big fans of other "heroes" who smoke pot. musicians for example. We know most of them smoke pot (among other things) and we don't care. we still buy their cd's and go to their concerts etc. But when a professional athlete does drugs, suddenly he's a loser.

And that's my thought of the day!

Professional athletes are expected to maintain a clean, fit body to perform their jobs in which you pay for. Musicians and actors...not so much.

just a thought I had while reading this: why are we so critical of professional athletes who smoke pot, yet we think so highly, and are big fans of other "heroes" who smoke pot. musicians for example. We know most of them smoke pot (among other things) and we don't care. we still buy their cd's and go to their concerts etc. But when a professional athlete does drugs, suddenly he's a loser.

Professional athletes are expected to maintain a clean, fit body to perform their jobs in which you pay for. Musicians and actors...not so much.

So rock stars and actors don't put a tremendous toll on their body every day? They aren't expected to perform their best every night?

So rock stars and actors don't put a tremendous toll on their body every day? They aren't expected to perform their best every night?

Do you expect musicians to keep a finely tuned athletic body?

Do you expect musicians to keep a finely tuned athletic body?

Not all of them. But most of the good ones certainly should. The ones who are in to their music, and do stuff onstage. You'd be surprised how much you'd get worn out doing even smaller things onstage for two hours, with lots of lights on you and a guitar around your neck.

Archived