Ricky Williams Suspended For One Year

bosox

As Per ESPNEWS, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has been suspended from the NFL for one year for substance abuse. Links to follow.

EDIT: Link and story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2421774

NEW YORK -- Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams was suspended for the 2006 season by the NFL on Tuesday for violating the league's substance abuse policy for the fourth time.

The league announced the suspension after Williams' appeal of a his latest positive drug test was denied. Williams met with NFL counsel Jeff Pash on April 10 in an attempt to have the league overturn the test.

Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. The latest test apparently involved a drug other than marijuana.

Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season but returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program. He ran for 743 yards and averaged 4.4 yards a carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown.

Congratulations Ricky...you now have even more time to smoke pot, or study to become a masseur, or whatever crazy scheme you decide to do.

Question-What happens if,

1) Some fool team signs him,

2) and he flunks again.

Bannination?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

can we officially call Ricky Williams a bust? to think they saints gave up all their picks to get him in the draft.

A bust? No way, not based on the stats he's racked up. But the guy is a loser for not fulfilling his potential.

What does it really matter anyway? He was a backup who would continue to see fewer and fewer carries.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If i was a dolphins fans i could care less the Ricky's gone Ronnie Brown is younger, more talented and not a pot head.

Plus he's the starting RB for my fantasy team. ^_^

VmWIn6B.png

You knew this was coming, folks... Say so long to Ricky Williams and his NFL career, unless the CFL is willing to take a pot head RB into, say, Montreal?

That would be a good way for him to keep 'in the game' and better prepare himself for next year in the NFL.

ucnu112sig.png

can u guys loose all the pothead loser stereotypes. You have to realize this man was smoking marijuana regularly and he led the NFL in rushing i acutally am proud of him. He did something he wanted to do and that was smoke marijuana, go to india and be in hollistic medicine. Nearly 8000 yards and 50 touchdowns is a solid career for what you all call a "loser, pothead"

I heard he was suspended for some thing other drug then marijuana . As far as fulfilling his potential ,maybe this is his potential. Its his life .I 'm not saying I agree with his choices{ why some one with his talent doesnt want to use it boggles my mind} they don't call it dope for no reason.

just a thought I had while reading this: why are we so critical of professional athletes who smoke pot, yet we think so highly, and are big fans of other "heroes" who smoke pot. musicians for example. We know most of them smoke pot (among other things) and we don't care. we still buy their cd's and go to their concerts etc. But when a professional athlete does drugs, suddenly he's a loser.

And that's my thought of the day!

So continues the misadventures of Ricky Dimebag

Is pot legal in Vancouver? If so I wonder if the Lions would be interested in putting up with his BS.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The Toronto Argos have the right for Ricky Williams, so if he wants to play in the CFL on his year off from the NFL, they have first dibs on him. He may very well have to play because the suspension represents a financial blow for Williams, as he owes still the Dolphins $8.6 million US for breach of contract when he "retired" in 2004. His return last season was motivated partly by the need for a paycheck, and that may be his motivation to return in 2007. If he does try to return next year, he'll be 30 years old and will have played a total of 12 games in the previous three seasons.

In a semi-unrelated story, the Minnesota Vikings have said goodbye to running back Onterrio "The Wizzinator" Smith. No word yet if he's looking to the North for another chance.

One would thing the CFL wouldn't want or want the NFL junkie castoffs but maybe that's just me.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

He was not suspended for marijuana this time. It was for some amphetamine. I don't mind the bashing, but bash him for the right reasons, mainly his stupidity and blowing his chance at financial security by wasting his supreme talent.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived