Astros Concept

Shumway

I've only got the home right now because I'm not sure what I'm doing with the road yet. I tried to incorporate the rainbow in a tasteful manner, and I brought back the shooting star on the jersey. C&C appreciated.

Houston.png

Certainly an improvement, but the script wordmark will never look right for the Astros, IMO. All along, the 'Stros used gothic wordmarks that were strong and/or progressively futuristic. The script font alludes more to the Old West and Texas's history rather than Houston's nickname, "Space City". It's the home of the space program, and the team was named in that vein. The shooting star is nice, but I'd prefer they scrap the cursive altogether and reconnect to the essence of the nickname.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Certainly an improvement, but the script wordmark will never look right for the Astros, IMO. All along, the 'Stros used gothic wordmarks that were strong and/or progressively futuristic. The script font alludes more to the Old West and Texas's history rather than Houston's nickname, "Space City". It's the home of the space program, and the team was named in that vein. The shooting star is nice, but I'd prefer they scrap the cursive altogether and reconnect to the essence of the nickname.

I'm not sure that I like the script that much myself. I was going to go with the block letters like the 80s, but I wasn't sure of the font. For the road, I'm planning on using a block "Houston" and if it looks a lot better, I'll probably switch this'n as well.

I also love the old school colors with the new school script it looks sweet. I really like the shooting star thing on the script to, Is that new, or do they currently have that script?? Well very good job, i would like to see away, and alt. too!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

This is a good idea actually. I like the incorporation of the old colors with the new logo, and that star above the wordmark doesn't really bother me that much. I like it.

teamsnew2.png

I like the design, but I kinda like the brick/sand sheme they have going on now. I know it has nothing to do with "Astros" but it's not bad IMO.

Archived